Goodyear Terra-Tires

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
rlowe
First and Last Name: Ralph Lowe

Goodyear Terra-Tires

Post by rlowe »

Does anyone know if there is anyone making a tire with a similar tread pattern as the Goodyear Terra's?
Attachments
terra.JPG
terra.JPG (42.81 KiB) Viewed 2579 times
Thanks...
Ralph
http://rlowe3.com

cadetpwr
First and Last Name: Mike Toney

Re: Goodyear Terra-Tires

Post by cadetpwr »

Not that I know off, Goodyear sold thier L&G tire molds, to Carslile for the most part. I have seen far worse dry cracking and still holding air. I also have not seen anything like those style tires, either while working at the cub cadet dealership or the tire wholesaler. About the only one they come close to is the Goodyear Softrac tires seen on later model cubs and greenies. The ribbed front tires are still made by Carslile and others. I have 2 pairs of 10.50 tires of that style, one set on my 1650 and a spare set in the shed. Both have some dry cracking, the set in the shed needs tubes to stay up for more than a few days, ones on my cub are ok for now. NOS tires like these fetch good $$ on ebay as some guys want them for trailer queen tractors that will never see work again and they want original tires on them. Mike
Cub Cadet, building it better since 1961

rlowe
First and Last Name: Ralph Lowe

Post by rlowe »

Thanks alot Mike... I have 2 O's and they both still have their original tires and hold air fine... The tire in the picture is the worst as far as cracking goes... I'm just anticipating needing them at some point...
Thanks...
Ralph
http://rlowe3.com

cadetpwr
First and Last Name: Mike Toney

Post by cadetpwr »

I have been told that car and tractor buffs that display them at shows, use black shoe polish to fill in the side wall cracks and improve the look of original tires on their equipment. I am on the hunt for a nice, with little to no wear, pair of Goodyear ribbed terra tires for the front of my 1650. Mine are almost totaly bald, but my rears that are the same style of tread as yours are fine. For the once or twice a year plow days, I am just going to put my snow chains on. The prices of ags localy are $200 plus tax for a pair. Hy Run (chinese) ribbed fronts are $31 each! High oil prices have made tire prices out of sight now! A 23 10.50-12 carslile ag tire is $99.00 localy for each one. Cheers Mike
Cub Cadet, building it better since 1961