Cub Original headlights

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Cub Original headlights

Post by Jlaws »

Can you still get the rubber 2 pin plugs that are in Original headlights ??
I think I've found an International number , but I'm not sure .
IH-530029-R91 ??
I've got a couple of sets of Original headlights with broken plugs that I'm going to restore , and I'm having problems locating the plugs . Also do they still have the other half of the plug that comes from the wiring harness to the lights ?
TIA , Jess
Attachments
Sscn3458.jpg
Sscn3457.jpg
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

wdeturck

Re: Cub Original headlights

Post by wdeturck »

I think both those plugs went NLA even at the IH-Case dealers. I have one of the female plugs if one will help you. I bought it knowing they can't be found.

mlamar
First and Last Name: Mike LaMar

Post by mlamar »

The last time I check on the rubber connectors the local dealer had them. Around $40+ each :o If you have any local businesses dealing in used IH equipment you may get lucky and find them there. Many of the older IH combines used the "Guide" brand lights as work lights. You would also find the plastic female connectors with them. The terminals in the female connectors can be replace, they snap in. They are the Packard or GM 56 series female terminals and most NAPA store carry them. Good luck.
Attachments
wire 014.JPG
wire 014.JPG (55.23 KiB) Viewed 6406 times

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

I kind of figured they were NLA , but I do see the yellow wired plugs that goes from the wiring harness to the lights on ebay occasionally.
I guess I'll have to keep checking ebay in the hope that some eventually come up for sale .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

mlamar

Post by mlamar »

Jlaws
IH Case 530029R91 are still sold. I just went online and found a site selling them. Do a search by typing in 530029R91.
Attachments
Oconnectors.jpg

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

I would bet that those connectors aren't exclusive to IH. They were probably designed and still made by a company that
specializes in electrical connectors. I wouldn't be surprised if someone could dig up another source with some research.

Probably kind of like the cone point set screws that hold the mechanical PTO clutches on. They are like $8.00 each at the dealer and you can get a pack of 25 from Mcmaster-carr for $7.24.

Now this is all speculation on my part, but based on other experiences in the past as noted above.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

jlarsen
First and Last Name: Jim Larsen

Post by jlarsen »

Check with mike lamar in the venders section he might have them.

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Thanks Guys for the help. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and order them .

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

My light harness plugs came today , and I was surprised that they were actually reasonably priced .
Now all I have to do is gather some terminals and wire and I'll be set .
:beer:
Attachments
Sscn3468.jpg

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

I've got my plugs wired ( used yellow wire ) .
I'm not sure if thats the correct color but thats what I always see them as .
I also sand blasted them and after working on a few dings they'll be ready for paint.

Todd Markle got me to thinking about other applications that might use this particular plug , and after a lot of searching I found a couple . The only problem is that there's this light attached at the other end of the plug . :lol:
Theres plenty of wire length to add spade terminals .
Anybody need a NOS set of parking light with the plug cut off for a 67-90's chev step van... :lol:
Attachments
Sscn3473.jpg
Sscn3472.jpg

mlamar

Post by mlamar »

Hey Jlaws
Do ya got a part # for those new plugs :?: I was told NLA but sure could use a few.
Mike

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Mike , if your talking about the plug that I attached the yellow wires to , I got them from this place .

http://ihccw.com/

They're the last item on the page .

When I ordered my four plugs , he supposedly only had four available . So either he hasn't updated the page or maybe he's only selling four per customer?

If your talking about the plug/recepticle with the parking light attached that was an ebay find , and that seller had a few NOS pairs left.
That rubber plug on the chevy parking light assy. fits the Original headlight baskets perfectly.

mlamar

Post by mlamar »

:D Your info has been very helpful and enjoy your Cub time Jlaws...you rule. :notworthy:

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Mike , your welcome .

I worked a little more on the Original headlights today .
I got the pigtail plugs ready . The plug on the left is one that was good enough to salvage during teardown and the two on the right are ones that came from the parking light assemblies that I cut off and added spade terminals . You can see they're almost identical .
Also my light assemblies are painted and drying . In a couple of days I'll be ready to reassemble them .
Attachments
Sscn3479.jpg
Sscn3480.jpg