how to disassemble nf hydraulic lift cylinder

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
rogerr
First and Last Name: roger rinard

how to disassemble nf hydraulic lift cylinder

Post by rogerr »

Hi guys,
wondering if anybody knows how the cylinder from a nf hydraulic lift comes apart? Bought one for my dads tractor and he wants to get it apart for a rebuild. thanks
roger

wdeturck

Re: how to disassemble nf hydraulic lift cylinder

Post by wdeturck »

I have a WP file on the cylinder that is included in rebuilding the Hydraulic pump that was posted on the IH Registry. Email me and I will send you the files.

Just take the hoses off and only the "O" rings hold the ends on. I went to a hydraulic shop to get my "O" rings to be sure the oil won't harm them. They are standard "O" rings.

mmzullo
First and Last Name: Mike Marzullo

Post by mmzullo »

Geezer,
Can you send me that instruction manual also. I have to do a hydaulic pump also. The pistons I've done before.
Thanks

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

You got mail

Be careful with the large "O" ring for the canister and the cork washer on the canister rod. I found a centering spring and clevis at a dealer in ME. I don't think the spring I got is correct? It's to long and the bends are different. It might be able to be re-bent? I didn't need it.

rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Thanks geezer, when you get a chance if you would send that rebuild file to me @ julitron@aol.com.
Thanks
Roger

rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Thanks for the info geezer. It worked perfectly. Dad has the cylinder apart and contemplating making up a new cylinder rod. The old one was pretty bad. We'll see how the rest looks over the next couple of days. The guide you sent would also be a good addition to the registry library. Thanks again

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

rogerr wrote:Thanks for the info geezer. It worked perfectly. Dad has the cylinder apart and contemplating making up a new cylinder rod. The old one was pretty bad. We'll see how the rest looks over the next couple of days. The guide you sent would also be a good addition to the registry library. Thanks again
I had to have a new rod made for mine. You should use chromed steel but I just used .500 steel rod. I think they must use under-sized rod as mine was tight going through the hole with the "o" ring. I had to file and sand it down(all I had to turn it was my drill press). The piston will screw off but they are on tight and the guy drilled mine to get it off. I put lock-tite on when I put it back together. No leaks and it stays up with the M&W mower raised.

I can't convert the repair files to Adobe(PDF). If someone can convert them to PDF I would like a copy. Thanks.

Trebor
First and Last Name: Robert Ganyard

Post by Trebor »

Geezer,

If you will email that file(s) to me, I'll give a go at converting to PDF.
“May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far”.

Trebor
First and Last Name: Robert Ganyard

Post by Trebor »

Here are the files converted to PDF using OpenOffice.org, (Google Docs will also work):
Attachments
Hydro pump cylinder repair.pdf
(502.21 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Hydro pump repair gears.pdf
(230.68 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Hydro pump repair1.pdf
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 178 times
Hydro pump repair2.pdf
(2.83 MiB) Downloaded 186 times
Hydro pump repair3.pdf
(505.4 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
“May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far”.