starter Generater Question

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
jpence
First and Last Name: James Pence

starter Generater Question

Post by jpence »

I just got my starter generater rebuilt, when i was running the tractor the tractor stared making a strange noise and the s/g cracked and a wax like liguid is leaking from the s/g or the engine near the s/g. Also the post got very hot and the insulation was red. Any thoghts or ideas arer welcome.
Thanks, James Pence
James Pence in PA

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Re: starter Generater Question

Post by Farmallgray »

Could be a problem with the regulator. The S/G on my 102 would get hot and I found one of the contacts was stuck in the regulator. Luckily I caught it before any damage was done to the S/G.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

jpence
First and Last Name: James Pence

Re: starter Generater Question

Post by jpence »

the points may be stuck in the voltage regulator. i think there is a problem with the bearing in the s/g, also the post were not red hot it was just red paint(must have been from rebuild).
James Pence in PA