original decal placement

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Bob Brush
First and Last Name: Bob Brush

original decal placement

Post by Bob Brush »

could someone post where the hood decals go on a cub cadet original measurements would be great or a pic i have searched several pics of restored and original condition Os but would be great to get some measurements thanks Bob

wdeturck

Re: original decal placement

Post by wdeturck »

Those hood decals were put on by workers who eyeballed them so there is no correct place to put them. My first Original (Ted) was getting ready for his first show and my wife said she could but on the decals and I had another Original here so I measured that one using a blade of a screw driver on how far to put it from the end. Wifetok off with the hood, decal and screw driver. "Nice Job Dear" :shock:
I would send you the screwdriver but I don't remember which one it was.
Attachments
Decal placement
Decal placement
ccpark1.jpg (29.92 KiB) Viewed 3416 times

Bob Brush

Post by Bob Brush »

LOL ok thanks i keep looking at pics and they seem to all be different just wanted it to be just rite ill do my best and call it good !!! as always thanks for the help :beer:

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

Bob.
The measurements I use, that were gathered from several "O's" with original decals, are:

Bottom of the word "Cadet" is 1/2" above the top bend of the lip on the bottom of the hood side, and the most forward part of the word "International" is 3-3/4" from the front of the hood.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

Sminkey
First and Last Name: Jude Sminkey

Post by Sminkey »

Paul B wrote:Bob.
The measurements I use, that were gathered from several "O's" with original decals, are:

Bottom of the word "Cadet" is 1/2" above the top bend of the lip on the bottom of the hood side, and the most forward part of the word "International" is 3-3/4" from the front of the hood.
I'll 2nd that one, I owned 3 O's now and everyone had original hoods. All of them had the decal in the same place :D
62' O' w/ud-6.fenders.rear lift & spring assist.timed deck.
65' 71 w/Danco RD1000.fenders.creeper.IH utility box.dual wheels.lights.
68' 72 w/creeper.fenders.lights.cast deck.Hydro Unit.1a tiller.

Bob Brush

Post by Bob Brush »

thanks guys that sounds good to me !!! :beer: