loader front wheel upgrade

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
redbull1
First and Last Name: Andrew Mann

loader front wheel upgrade

Post by redbull1 »

Has anyone done a loader front wheel upgrade from standard wheels to 4 bolt hubs? I have seen it somewhere just do not remember where. If anyone has that info could you please pass it along to me. If you have photos that would be great also.
Thanks
Andrew

Trebor
First and Last Name: Robert Ganyard

Re: loader front wheel upgrade

Post by Trebor »

Andrew,

Here is a link that may be what you need:

http://www.p.f.engineering.50megs.com/photo.html
“May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far”.

redbull1
First and Last Name: Andrew Mann

Post by redbull1 »

Thanks Trebor.
That will give me a good starting point.

tweinke
First and Last Name: Todd Weinke

Post by tweinke »

On my 70 I made different spindles from trailer spindles and hubs. Took a little machine work and thinking but have had zero trouble with bearings so it was worth it to me. Here is a pic during the mock up portion of the job
axle 001 (Small).jpg
axle 001 (Small).jpg
In the pics I still had to machine a little off where the king pin touches the spindle,but I still used the washer as a wear surface. The spindles have held up well after a quite a bit of use. I think the weak link in my design is the king pins. I have not had any trouble yet though and if one bends it will be possible to change them the way I put them together.
Attachments
axle 004 (Small).jpg