K 301 crank

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
newcub57
First and Last Name: Peter Koehler

K 301 crank

Post by newcub57 »

Is the crank out of a 1250, K 301AQS, the same as the crank in a K 301 out of a 125. I know I would have to use my old flywheel. Thanks, Pete

jpence
First and Last Name: James Pence

Re: K 301 crank

Post by jpence »

I am not sure if the flywheel is the same, but I know the flywheel screen is different (The K301AQS is larger), Hope this helps.
James Pence
James Pence in PA

Tim DeLooza
First and Last Name: Tim DeLooza

Post by Tim DeLooza »

Pete, I’m going to assume your putting the crank from a 1250 into your 125. If so you shouldn’t have any problems. If your putting the crank from a 125 into a 1250 I don’t think it will work because of the PTO end… I’m likely not going to describe this well, but on the PTO end of the earlier crank (125) it “chamfers” down to the 1” shaft size. On the later (1250) it is square. On the 125 this isn’t a problem because you’ll locate the SG pulley off the SG. If you were going the other way the chamfer would interfere with the electric PTO.

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

hey Tim even old dogs learn new tricks I knew they were not the same just never knew what was not the same thanks