Two new ones

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Two new ones

Post by ksanders »

Still reading from time to time but I've been too busy lately to mess with the Cubs but did take these in. One's a 1000 that was sitting in a woods for years but cleaned up shockingly well. Someone ran it out of oil back whenever so the rod and crank have become one. For some reason, I decided to free up the clutch and brakes, throw a new rod in it, fix the shifter, and everything else and try to save this poor guy as I have time. I have someone I'm giving it to if I ever get it running. The other is a mostly complete but apart 108. It may have to be parts because it needs some stuff to be complete that I don't have. That or I'll sell what's there.
Attachments
1000 and 108.jpg
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

ljones
First and Last Name: Lucas Jones

Re: Two new ones

Post by ljones »

You have to be the only guy out there who will part a cub and them make up for it by saving one, but not only do you save it you give it away
:beer:
Have a original and a 122 http://mycubs.yolasite.com/

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

I have my moments :lol: This is the second basket case Cub this year I redid instead of part. The other was an Original that was already in parts when I got it and I rebuilt it for the heck of it. Besides the 100 I haven't parted one that didn't need a lot of work and more money than it was worth.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

Well you gotta love these old Kohlers and Cubs. After cleaning the old rod off of the crank, freeing up the clutch assembly, fixing the shifter, rebuilding the starter and carb, and a bunch of odds and ends this tractor starts, runs, and drives on it's own power. It was seized up and outside with no side panels or breather on it for who knows how long and the worst thing the weather did was destroy the pto switch (pto still works too somehow though). The person getting it is just going to use it as transportation and pulling a cart so the pto switch didn't even matter.