Working the replicated #40 **REVISED**

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
tractrs2nv
First and Last Name: Kevin Liles

Working the replicated #40 **REVISED**

Post by tractrs2nv »

Has been in the making for months and now has come to pass. Using an Original #40 to do an exact copy but 10 ga. instead of 13 ga. metal. Amada turret laser cut CAD program and CNC forming. Material in the raw was metal prep'd and used DuPont K-2 sealer before color was applied. My copy waited 6 weeks before use mainly waiting for rain,when the rains came and gone I loaded up to work it on two driveways,one drive is up/down grade and washed pretty bad. 149 w/cab,IH weights and lead behind them never spun out with a full box...vintage sheet metal and iron blowing Kohler smoke never ceases to amaze me time after time,use after use!
Attachments
Skid of parts freshly cut and formed.
Skid of parts freshly cut and formed.
First unit went together perfect,no burr clean cut sweet craftsmanship!
First unit went together perfect,no burr clean cut sweet craftsmanship!
These two came with me for prep and paint,I bought one.
These two came with me for prep and paint,I bought one.
This blade went to the one that helped to make it all happen.
This blade went to the one that helped to make it all happen.
Full box of 1/2" crushed gravel.
Full box of 1/2" crushed gravel.
Last edited by tractrs2nv on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Collector,user,trader & parts for IH Louisville Works Cub Cadet on the Tenntucky line.

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Re: Working the replicated #40

Post by jpackard56 »

SWEET !! :beer:
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

Amigatec
First and Last Name: Pat Benner

Post by Amigatec »

The guy I buy a lot of Cub stuff has one of these I have been tring to buy, but he's not ready to sell it yet.
CC 1973 Model 129
CC 1973 Model 149
TB 1978 Pony II
TB 1981 Horse II
TB 1988 Econo Horse
1950 David Bradley 917.5756

Oklahoma Giant Pumpkin Grower and State Record Holder.

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

jpackard56 wrote:SWEET !! :beer:
Thanks Jim! How's the 100 doing for you?
Attachments
workin it 001 (640x480) (540x405).jpg
Maple Hunter,Riley IN did the decals.
Maple Hunter,Riley IN did the decals.
workin it 005 (540x405).jpg
Collector,user,trader & parts for IH Louisville Works Cub Cadet on the Tenntucky line.

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

Amigatec wrote:The guy I buy a lot of Cub stuff has one of these I have been tring to buy, but he's not ready to sell it yet.
PM sent.

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

UPDATE: Original lower brkt was bending and becoming loose from heavy use. Fab'd a 5 hole mount from a piece of 3/8 plate steel. Also made the "3 hole" implement mount 2" longer and positioned 1/2" higher than the original brkt. Long lift pin gives greater height when loading/unloading the tractor; 1/2" higher adjustment for the "3 hole" implement mount allows the box blade to lay even in the down position. The replicated #40 is 40 lbs heavier than the original w/rear scraper option so I think this is why the OEM lower brkt was bending and becoming loose. I have put it to some heavy use after the mods where completed,so far so good!
Attachments
Yes that's Hy Tran on the bed of the trailer,loose bolts and a bent lower brkt.
Yes that's Hy Tran on the bed of the trailer,loose bolts and a bent lower brkt.
Drained Hy Tran,removed the rear cover,checked the bolt threads(OK) and installed a new gasket before mounting.
Drained Hy Tran,removed the rear cover,checked the bolt threads(OK) and installed a new gasket before mounting.
Long lift pin.
Long lift pin.
Blades lays even in the down position.
Blades lays even in the down position.
149 Blades 009 (580x435).jpg

Backswampcub
First and Last Name: Adam Betsacon

Re: Working the replicated #40 **REVISED**

Post by Backswampcub »

Are these going to be offered for sale. Or was this just one you had built for yourself. I could use one of those

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Kevin,
Glad the 149 wasn't injured in the fun ( oops, I mean work :!: ) Still think those #40's are sweet, that 5 bolt plate looks like an excellent solution :beer:
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

Backswampcub wrote:Are these going to be offered for sale. Or was this just one you had built for yourself. I could use one of those

They are all gone; six were built and so I have one of six...very sorry but no more to be built at this time. But they still have the program to build more ...some day :(

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

jpackard56 wrote:Kevin,
Glad the 149 wasn't injured in the fun ( oops, I mean work :!: ) Still think those #40's are sweet, that 5 bolt plate looks like an excellent solution :beer:
Thank you Jim! Last summer I did a 1" front spindle conversion,Quietline drive shaft w/new parts and auto relief valves for the hydro.Plus installed a LP head that was machined. The head was a sweet addition for tweek'n the top end. I had this tractor listed on eBay a few months ago...and very glad it did not sell :roll:

JLazar
First and Last Name: John Lazar

Post by JLazar »

Those look quite handy. I have thought using two bolts down there would be less strong using a full-length pin, but then we'd need to pull the wheel and maybe the weight off to swap out implements. I enjoy the workmanship I see here at this forum. Maybe one day I'll have something worthy of posting a picture of. ;)
Expect The Best; IH Cub Cadet!