Cub Cadet 147

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
56cub
First and Last Name: Matt Atkinson

Cub Cadet 147

Post by 56cub »

I got this 147 a little over a year ago when I saw it sitting behind a house in the weeds. The second time I drove past the house I decided to stop and ask about it. The guy said if we could get it on my truck I could have it. So we pulled it out and of the weeds and to get it on my truck I had to back up to a bank and block the road. Luckliy it was a small back road lol. One of the rear tires was shot and I though the battery was dead when I got it. It turned on that the saftey switch on the brake pedal was bad so after I bypassed it it turned over with the key. All that it needed to run was gas and that is after it sat for a year outside :D :D . Overall it has been a great tractor for me even though it is rough and I think the engine may have a knock.

mikeyb
First and Last Name: Michael Bobbitt

Re: Cub Cadet 147

Post by mikeyb »

Nice 147 Matt!
Welcome to the club!

chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

Post by chzuck »

Great find! I have had a 147 for close to 10 years. It is my full time lawn mower and wears a snow blower in the winter.
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Matt

Welcome. My first 2 cubs were a 106 and a 147. The 147 is now doing mowing work up the road at a farm house.

Everyone notice the guard dog? Ummmmmmmmmmm Ill bet it would like a nice piece of steak marbled and aged! :lol:
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Post by l palma »

Nice freebie,the last 3 147,s I had knocked also,maybe they are suppose to?

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

It never hurts to ask. I live about an hour north of philly and i recently noticed a 782 D in a front yard under a tree. i watched for about three weeks to see if it moved, it did not ,so one day i saw a man out and i told my kid that were" pullin in " they said i was crazy, "but dad please there is no for sale sign" :oops: i said "boys with cubs you can't wait for a sign" i did not get that one, but we had nice short talk about it anyway. Good job Matt
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Looks like a fairly straight old tractor. Are you considering repainting it at some point? Could be a good candidate.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

56cub
First and Last Name: Matt Atkinson

Post by 56cub »

I do plan on restoring eventually. It does have it's fair share of dents but it is still really solid except for the seat. The seat pan is being held on by a very thin piece of metal around one bolt LOL. It is a reall workhorse too! I was using it to mow brush which some of it was at least 5 five tall. It work good until I blew the head gasket and shut it off because I didn't know what happened right away :banghead: :banghead: then it took me about 5 minutes to get it started again and I still had to drive it about a 1/2 mile home lol.

My dog isn't much of a gaurd dog lol. I think she would hide behind me if someone came after me. Although she really likes steak lol.

dmcdowell
First and Last Name: Dan McDowell

Post by dmcdowell »

I got a rough 147 for the same price 4 years ago and it is a bear. My wife says its hers. Funny how she adopts all the tractors with power.