1200 iso mount upgrade

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Daniel Chestnut
First and Last Name: Daniel Chestnut

1200 iso mount upgrade

Post by Daniel Chestnut »

Currently working on my 1200 when time allows. I've done the iso mount cradle upgrade and have bought the new bushing kit. I was thinking I had read in the past that you use the new bushings on the bottom and the best of the original old bushings ontop of the mount. Is my memory correct or should the new bushings be ontop of the mount? Just want it to be correct before I put it together. Thanks in advance.

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Re: 1200 iso mount upgrade

Post by Dave C »

Use the best good used mounts on the bottom and the moog ones go ontop.
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

Daniel Chestnut
First and Last Name: Daniel Chestnut

Post by Daniel Chestnut »

Thanks Dave. Got another question. How tight do I tighten the bolts and nuts that holds the bushings and frames together?

Grant
First and Last Name: Grant Braddish

Post by Grant »

I changed to the solid mounts on my 1250 and like it. It doesn't seem to shake as bad as the old mounts. Also, the old mounting holes stripped out on the oil pan from the sag created by the old ISO mounts.