Continuous Thread Shooting The Breeze, Just Like Old Times

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Re: Continuous Thread Shooting The Breeze, Just Like Old Tim

Post by Klapatta »

Rob, about ten days ago we had the big ground thaw otherwise known around these parts as MUD SEASON. The ground perked down very quickly after that and the soil became very dry, porous, and loose. Typical March around here- either mud a foot deep or sandy. I was having some real issues working that area, it was like being at the beach! And I did bury it almost to the axles a couple times in that spot, but I'd take that over ice! One good rain will pack it all back down again.

After finally finding the front blade bracket for a narrow frame machine, I was able to give the hydro lift I fitted on the 126 it's first real workout.
Of course the part turned up on my door step 2 days after the big snow, that's perfectly reasonable to assume :P
I thought I'd post some pics as I'm rather pleased with the whole thing- it sure beats pulling on that lift handle all day, that's for sure!

Back-
DSCN2911.JPG
DSCN2913.JPG
Forth :lol:
DSCN2915.JPG

jcrews
First and Last Name: James Crews

Post by jcrews »

Farmall A 70 oh the possibilities!
Attachments
image.jpg

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Heres some pics from the plowday in nc this weekend. Not much plowing, but a whole lot of lies told! LOL
Attachments
Charolette NC Sept 27-27, 2013 PLOW DAY 036.jpg
Charolette NC Sept 27-27, 2013 PLOW DAY 036.jpg (933.76 KiB) Viewed 11300 times
Charolette NC Sept 27-27, 2013 PLOW DAY 055.jpg
Charolette NC Sept 27-27, 2013 PLOW DAY 055.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 11300 times
Charolette NC Sept 27-27, 2013 PLOW DAY 070.jpg
Charolette NC Sept 27-27, 2013 PLOW DAY 070.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 11300 times
Charolette NC Sept 27-27, 2013 PLOW DAY 160.jpg
Charolette NC Sept 27-27, 2013 PLOW DAY 160.jpg (523.47 KiB) Viewed 11300 times
Howard and kids, David, Todd, aka Oak, Earl
Howard and kids, David, Todd, aka Oak, Earl
Charolette NC Sept 27-27, 2013 PLOW DAY 167.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 11300 times
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Post by ReicheP »

Looks like a fun weekend Vince!
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Post by bbaker »

Had an IH built 982 jump into the bed of my truck today.....

Now where is my fire wrench and sawsall....
Attachments
IMG_20131021_182429.jpg
IMG_20131021_182429.jpg (819.59 KiB) Viewed 11289 times
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Plow day coming up Nov. 9th in New Harmony IN. (as far south and west as you can get and still be in Indiana) It's a good one to attend!

If your new to plowing come on out several of us will help get you started!
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Nuff said... :)
Attachments
BM.jpg
BM.jpg (733.95 KiB) Viewed 11278 times

sacky07
First and Last Name: Dustin Sacksteder

Post by sacky07 »

what are they thinking? made me laugh out loud. and they decided to sell the gear box separate for only $500 more.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

sacky07 wrote:what are they thinking? made me laugh out loud. and they decided to sell the gear box separate for only $500 more.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123
lol sold...

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

It's been on for months if not years at that price!

sacky07

Post by sacky07 »

Not sure the guy knows what he has but still I think he is 4-5 hundred off on his price for a 169. What do ya think.
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/grd/4186234292.html

HydroHarry
First and Last Name: Harry Bursell

Post by HydroHarry »

Sacky - if you put a value of $250-300 on the tiller, then the price for that 169 on the Cincinnati C/List isn't to far off. If he had the dang tail lights and lenses it might be worth what he's asking.

And that Model 2 tiller on E-pain, what is that dealer thinking? And trying to sell the gearbox with mount separate is crazy. There are so many horror stories about people buying tillers withOUT the gearbox and mount, and not being able to find a gearbox and mount for YEARS!!!!. It's just a down right shame he's attempting to sell the tiller without the gearbox and mount!!!!

sacky07

Post by sacky07 »

HUH eli lilly? 1970? http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/4400871862.html

and http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/4397862194.html

we need to start a section for the CL fairy tails. im looking for a good laugh

HydroHarry

Post by HydroHarry »

Sacky - I'm not so sure the restored unit could be a fairy tale anymore. Have a watch of this youtube video of an auction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOLTBCoEAdA

HydroHarry

Post by HydroHarry »

Bryan - it's my understanding the only different between the Patio JD and the regular JD is the colors, and I suppose the serial number tag identifies it different. If the price of these rare birds (or is it deer's) is that great I wonder what an IH Cub Cadet in similar condition is really worth. I don't think these Patio units were NOS but don't know since the video starts right as the auction is going on - but I agree WOW - someone or some two or I guess it was three, wanted these units really bad.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

You know really 25K isn't all that much for 4 quality garden tractors! :)

sacky07

Post by sacky07 »

harry, yea but we all know the green people are goofy so that doesn't surprise me. Ive never heard of an eli lilly cc before, tho the company is from indy. doubt it was speacil made.

HydroHarry

Post by HydroHarry »

Hey Sacky - yes that cc listing on CL is terrible. The comment about it being an eli lilly unit and 70% restored - just what is this guy talking about. I really don't know why people do this stuff. Do they really think it will attrach people? You would think they would realize that as in our case it puts knowledgeable collectors off even contacting them. They'd certainly be better off just saying "don't know much about it" or "maybe early production series unit". It's really just sad. If it's in my area I just click spam or prohibited or flag it - hopefully get it removed from CL.

JLazar
First and Last Name: John Lazar

Post by JLazar »

Some garden tractor ideas I have seen on this page resemble what I've seen in Farm Show magazine! I say go for it!

Hydro, That's a great video! I enjoy auctions. Can't figure out if the buyer bought the two 69 JD for 67 hundred, then the single red one for 67 hundred, and lastly, the yellow one for 5920? Very nice JD's, but don't strike me being a loyal International Cub Cadet owner. Oh well, to each their own. 8-)
Expect The Best; IH Cub Cadet!

LFR
First and Last Name: Lorin Burch

Post by LFR »

The patio series tractors were John d****** thought of getting woman to buy there product. In early 70 they made this unit and the girl would pick the color of either sunset orange, patio red spruce blue and april yellow. They are new old stock tractors. They are highly sought after and wanted since it was a fail they got painted back to normal colors and sold them away.
67 Case 155, 66 Colt 2310, 68 John Deere 110w/ haban sickle bar mower, 59 simplicity 700 wonderboy, 62 allis Chalmers b1, Fairbanksmorse 3 wheel, 1944 McCormick peering O4, H, 1948 Farmall Cub, C.

HydroHarry

Post by HydroHarry »

John - the first 2 sold for $6700 each, then the 3rd one sold for $6700, and then the last one as you noted. I believe he also said all the Patio units were Model 110, or at least the ones in the auction were. They sure looked new to me, but that aside I never thought of a JD looking very much like a real tractor anyway. In my view it's a shame the guys didn't spend their money on some good ole IH Cub Cadets.

Lorin - so the only difference was the color. Even more reason to wonder why someone would pay that much at an auction for just a different color.

LFR
First and Last Name: Lorin Burch

Post by LFR »

Yea they were different colors 4 to choose from. It was nothing special and it was a fail. A nos seat is worth like 1500 bucks. Those tractors are super overrated but restored patios look slick
67 Case 155, 66 Colt 2310, 68 John Deere 110w/ haban sickle bar mower, 59 simplicity 700 wonderboy, 62 allis Chalmers b1, Fairbanksmorse 3 wheel, 1944 McCormick peering O4, H, 1948 Farmall Cub, C.

sacky07

Post by sacky07 »

Here ya go boys, somebody go get this. I would, but I just a got 126 that I don't have room for http://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/4421606248.html

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Wow !!! a 169 that's cheap .
If it was a little closer it be mine......LOL
Actually I've driven farther for less , somebody better hop on that deal quick .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

MapQuest says it's just 148 miles and 2 hrs. 58 minutes away...... ;)
Somebody buy it before I do something stupid. :lol:
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

sacky07

Post by sacky07 »

go get it Jess, your 6 minutes closer than me LOL!!!!

HydroHarry

Post by HydroHarry »

Dang it - I wonder who got the 169 - assume it was but the CL posting is deleted. How cheap was it?

mrbrown
First and Last Name: Mike Brown

Post by mrbrown »

Hello, 150$ Cub Crazy from the occ board got it. He made a long trip from Pa. I'll bet it wasn't on c/l long. How long was it on c/l ? I don't search everyday anymore. Mike

sacky07

Post by sacky07 »

Only about 24 hours

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

Today was Springtime power up day.
Everybody touched right off except the 102 which was quite q shock to me as this had been my go to Winter machine on the coldest of days.
After a short period of fartin around doin a bunch of silly little things I decided to bite the bullet and pull the points cover off.
Inside, I found water- lots of it, I suppose the ice melted :lol: After cleaning the points and hosing them off with air I decided to file a little notch in the frame for more access to the lower screw. I can't recall having that cover off since I rebuilt the engine about six years ago. Then some WD40, some air again, a new gasket and we are back on the road again :)
DSCN4316.JPG
DSCN4316.JPG (173.91 KiB) Viewed 11342 times
I'd like to share something with the Forum. My Crosley powered tractor has always had an issue with oil galley drain down when stored for any extended period of time such as six months or more. This leads to dry engine start ups that can't possibly be good for the engine.
This year I decided to do something about that. I installed a T fitting right at the main oil galley where the oil pressure gauge mounts up.
DSCN4317.JPG
DSCN4317.JPG (217.58 KiB) Viewed 11342 times
I purchased this simple hand pump from the local auto parts store and it along with the hose fitting cost eight bucks.
DSCN4320.JPG
DSCN4320.JPG (186.16 KiB) Viewed 11342 times
The really neat thing about this pump is that it screws directly on to a one quart or one gallon jug. The hose fitting is screwed on to the T fitting with the pipe plug removed then the hose is attached to the fitting. with about eight pumps the oil pressure gauge was reading 40 PSI and I was pumping with almost no effort :o
After priming, I installed the plug back in, turned the key and had instant oil pressure
The counter person told me that he uses one of these pumps for his classic Chevy that only sees shows so this will work for anything !