SCAM ALERT !!!!!

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
genep
First and Last Name: Gene Preston

SCAM ALERT !!!!!

Post by genep »

Stay clear of a guy selling tractor parts from a town south of Pittsburgh called Charleroi. PA. He used the name Bill Malandro and wife Lisa in my deal. Others scammed say he may also be Bill Stevenson. His game is to contact people offering them tractor parts and delivery by a trucker friend. Shipping costs and deposit must be sent upfront using a Wal-mart MoneyGram. He got me November 1, 2011. He knows tractors, is very smooth and uses all the right words leaving no evidence that is true or traceable, according to police.

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Re: SCAM ALERT !!!!!

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Gene

Did you contact him about specific parts or did he offfer "great prices just to get rid of them" ?

Sorry about your misfortune.

Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Sorry to hear about this Gene and thanks for passing it along. It's getting bad when you have to watch who you buy tractor parts from but can't say I'm too shocked.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

genep

Post by genep »

Jeff:
He called me after reading a story I did in LAGT Magazine about the 82 Series Cub Cadets. Then he offered me great prices on attachments he said his late father had. It was all a big lie. However, he does know tractors and can talk like he is OK. Since I posted the scam alert others have come forward to say he got them too for hundreds of dollars, like me.

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Gene,
Since funds were sent via Walmart Money Gram, must it be accepted / picker up at a Wamart? All the Walmarts around have seemingly "millions" of security cameras. If he went there, they probably have pictures of whoever picked up the money. They would have a time stamp on the funds being picked up and would only have to review a short section of video.

Hopefully he'll cross the wrong person and meet his maker ( can you tell I hate thieves? )
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Looks like this crook tries to deal in tractors, engines, and parts for same. At least two names and likely more.
Since he has scammed across state lines there is a real good chance the feds would like to get there hands on him for fraud and theft.
I would post the address and any other info on here and get in touch with the local police as well.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

Amigatec
First and Last Name: Pat Benner

Post by Amigatec »

I have seen that name posted all over the net, on numerous sites. They all say the same thing.
CC 1973 Model 129
CC 1973 Model 149
TB 1978 Pony II
TB 1981 Horse II
TB 1988 Econo Horse
1950 David Bradley 917.5756

Oklahoma Giant Pumpkin Grower and State Record Holder.

genep

Post by genep »

Jeff,
WalMart cameras. This Bill Malandro (fake name) had me send the money in his wife's name, Lisa. Who knows what WalMart she claimed the money using the reference number I gave them after sending it. So yes, cameras most likely got her, but what's she look like??? Three police agencies told me the same thing - kiss your money good-bye! They are all understaffed and overworked and they have much bigger fish to fry than my measly $350. I hear they also got the owner of the magazine, LAGT that I wrote my Cub Cadet 82 Series story. This is where he got my phone number.

Ben Morong
First and Last Name: Ben Morong

Post by Ben Morong »

I just got the newest copy of Vintage Truck magazine, and there's a scam alert in it. According to the magazine, in 2009 a guy named Bill Stevenson was caught selling items he didn't have, was jailed but is out again and the magazine has received a number of compaints from their readers about him. Pennsylvania police know of him and say the guy knows trucks and tractors and is very convincing. The magazine contacted the PA police, and found that he's in West Newton, PA. They said that if you think he's the one who defrauded you, contact Gary Indof, the West Newton Police Chief (724-872-8610).
Cub Cadet Originals -- Ayuh! (and a couple of 124's, 125's, and a 1650 -- Yep!)

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

I am glad you guys aint looking for me in this way there was a guy in MO that was doing this and when the feds caught him he when away for awhile it pays to be honest

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

Ray
What was the guy's name in Missouri and where did he live?