snow thrower belt size

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
madmolly3
First and Last Name: Michael Mollohan

snow thrower belt size

Post by madmolly3 »

got a QA-42-A , it had been set up for a wide frame, put it on my 127 after adjusting for wdth; it came with a belt but is way to long maybe 4inches longer than need. if any one knows they size and lenth of belt it would probably save me a couple trip back and forth getting one belt for another

madmolly3
First and Last Name: Michael Mollohan

Re: snow thrower belt size

Post by madmolly3 »

thanks i new someone would know on here. thanks again, mike

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

Yes and from experience I highly recommend the OEM belt over an aftermarket. The aftermarket doesn't offer a belt that fits properly.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

Interesting, my dealer has insisted on more than one occasion this is the one to use for that particular application.
DSCN1201.JPG
If he is wrong then what would this one meant to be used for? :?

Farmallgray

Post by Farmallgray »

Maybe that one is for a QA -42? I think the "A" throwers need a belt about 1" longer IIRC. I use the 55053C1 on a 123 with QA42A and it seems to work the best.

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

Todd, I'm not quite sure what's going on myself, I have never given the IH-55053-C1 a try on my QA42 but maybe I should. I was never very impressed with the power transfer from the one I show in the view- the two that I tried seemed to slip a lot under tough, heavy wet snow conditions. They did hold up to wear very well.
We take our snow tossing very seriously around here :lol:
Some years back I switched over to the Gates 6828 green belt and got reasonably good results with that one, the power transfer was all there however they were good for only one season (sometimes less). Still and all, that's a lotta snow.
DSCN0754.JPG
I recall that someone (from Maine I think), reported a run time of just a few hours before the Gates belt ripped apart on them, I myself have done much better than that with it.

Amigatec
First and Last Name: Pat Benner

Post by Amigatec »

I bought the IH-55053-C1 belt for my 129 with QA42A, it seems to be the correct belt.

On the bottom of the adjuster, there is an eyebolt, where should the adjustment be on this
CC 1973 Model 129
CC 1973 Model 149
TB 1978 Pony II
TB 1981 Horse II
TB 1988 Econo Horse
1950 David Bradley 917.5756

Oklahoma Giant Pumpkin Grower and State Record Holder.

Farmallgray

Post by Farmallgray »

Ken,
I didn't get very good life from the green belts on mine. They don't fit the pulleys quite right. The 55053C1 belt has a deeper "V" like a 4L (1/2") but is only a little wider than a 3L (3/8") in width. It also has notches on the inside. I have been running the same one since January of 2004 and it's still in good shape. I bought a spare one at the same time since I worked for a dealer then.