A.W.'s Plowday!

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Mayor
First and Last Name: Tony Woodrum

A.W.'s Plowday!

Post by Mayor »

Morning fellas.........
Well, this weeks work got shot down up North so I'm getting alot of things accomplished this week.......making sorghum molasses being one of them later this week. The new farm done so well this year on crops that me and Rhonda was pretty busy daily with the canning and gardening chores.......along with Jerry, Dad, Pappy, Tyler, and more friends from time too time.
We all had a blast with it and it was a good way too spend time together over the summer. You should see the sugar cane, what a nice crop. Anyway, the cubs all got worked all summer as did the M and super M.
So now that things are winding down, Me and Rhonda decided we needed a weekend getaway and she suggested we go too A.W.'s plowday. After some debate and pondering (about one millisecond)....I agreed and we're now planning on attending.
I'm not sure if I can stay late on Saturday depending on work the following week as we leave on Sunday usually but nevertheless, we're planning on being there.

Jerry found a model 2001 front loader for the M and I quickly bought it and got it home last weekend.......we spent yesterday getting it retrofitted too the 47 M........I'll work today on the front end and hydraulic valve assembly and should have things all hooked up and working by evening if the rains hold up. This should make things alot easier on us moving equipment around, fencing, moving brush, and just a million other things I can think off.
Now then.......I got too thinking that a second loader would be nice on one of the cubs so I've decided too build a duplicate of the 2001 too fit a cub. I'm thinking that it will probably be like Scott's having the foot pedal control, hydro drive, and a hydraulic rear 3 tooth ripper that doubles as rear weight at the back.

Well.....that's the plans of now....we'll holler at yall later on today or tomorrow........might even try some pics. on this hear thingy if'n I can find the danged charger for my camera!!! Seez Ya!!!!!!

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Re: A.W.'s Plowday!

Post by Scott C. »

Tony,
I want to see some pictures of that cane before you cut it!
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Alert the authorities......The Mayors gonna be on the loose!
Now we just have to get Vince on the plane headed for Cincy with some fire proof boots and it'll REALLY be on.

Mayor

Post by Mayor »

Scott.....
2 late! I might get some pics. of the big field at the farm but a wind storm has blown most of the cane over....we harvested Tommy's field at the cane mill and also the smaller field at the new farm...still have about 3/4 acres or so in the bigger field left.

We got the "New South" mill back from the machine shop today.....we dropped it off 4 years ago at the local vo-tech machine shop and they rebuilt the whole thing....ya otta see this mill now!. I still have too paint it but the machine work is great...all new bronze bushings in place of babbit.....new half moon thrust bearings on the small rolls.....she really looks great!.

I'm working today mounting the loader on the M. I've got everything done except the pedestal for the valve body and hooking up all the hydraulic lines.....I can tell ya one thing about big tractors!......the bolts are big and the parts are heavy!.

Mayor

Post by Mayor »

Well....here's the good news and the bad news.....

Good news:
The M is now sporting the loader and it works great!
I have already cleaned up 15 years of clutter and artifacts and antuquities which will get taken too the farm today. There's 3 trailer loads I'm hauling up on the hill and storing them outta sight!. Some of it is getting hauled too the scrap dealer.

Bad news:
I'm on standby too leave for work early if the job comes in so I have too stay close too the house....which means this weekends little vacation is off.
We'll be leaving very early Sunday morning and I dont want too have too leave A.W.'s early and drive all evening too get here and then turn around and drive 15 hours too work......so as bad as I hate this, I'm not going too be able too attend plow day again.

CubbinCal
First and Last Name: Calvin Woodrey

Post by CubbinCal »

Mayor, I know you and Rhonda will be missed! But work before play ( unfortunately ) right? You really need to make the Ohio Plowday sometime. The Gonya's are GREAT hosts!
I'm hittin easy street on AG tires!

Mayor

Post by Mayor »

Cal.....
I have been promising A.W. and all the guys that I would attend for about 5 years now....seems that something always comes up at the last minute.....dangit......I really want too be there.

We decided that since I couldnt go outta town, we holding off the sorghum making until Saturday......so at least I'll be having some fun along with everybody else even though I'm not at the plwo field.

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

I think its been 3 for me, next year its in stone.
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

I'm not making it this year to Aw's. The truck ran great to E. Canton, OH and I stopped in the Country Kitchen for breakfast. I had a great breakfast and I ate to much. Got back in the truck and it didn't want to start(the batteries are weak but I started my generator and put the charger on it for about 10 minutes) and it starts but the abf light was on. That had gone out when it was fixed. Pulled out and it won't shift out of first like before. Got it to shift by restarting it but the light was still on and headed home. went about 10 miles and it seemed to be aright so I headed West on 30 and i didn't get a mile so I head back home and can only get 10 miles or so and have to wait about 15 minutes (I actually disconnected the batteries to clear the computer and I get it shifting again and the ABS light goes out and I get all the way into PA running the back roads and end up on the free part of turnpike. I Just get to the toll booth and it acts up there and they have a sign that no shoulder for 6 miles. That was scary but I made it to the Oakmont toll booth but had a hard time getting the last mile home. I don't know what to do with this truck?

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

Geezer,
You need to quit buying those wore out ex U-Haul trucks..........and I did not make a comment about them being Ford's.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

CubbinCal
First and Last Name: Calvin Woodrey

Post by CubbinCal »

Sorry to hear that Geezer but glad you are back home safe.

I have my 149 and 10" brinly loaded on my little tilt trailer but................... I drove it around the block to check everything out and picked up something in the sidewall of one of the trailer tires. I put the spare on but I have had too many problems on the road with these smaller trailer tires ( 5.30 x 12 ) and I won't go without a spare. Called a couple places local and no one has one. So I will just drive up in the morning and plow a round on a loaner.
I'm hittin easy street on AG tires!

blawhorn
First and Last Name: Bob Lawhorn

Post by blawhorn »

Had a great evening at aw's this evening. Jess And Cubrick jumped in on my 982 and finished it up for me. Hope everybody has a safe trip and we will se you tomorrow.

red82s
First and Last Name: Adrian Gitch

Post by red82s »

Just showed up at the unquality inn in findlay. Now the son and I are watching george lopez and fireworks outside across the interstate.
Adrian

blawhorn
First and Last Name: Bob Lawhorn

Post by blawhorn »

we are at the quality inn also. My room is alright. see you in the morning