What did you do with your cub today?

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
dbh97
First and Last Name: David Holdeman

What did you do with your cub today?

Post by dbh97 »

Official, stickied, What did you do with your cub today? thread.
CC 107

For the Glory of God
http://bit.ly/rLnWCd

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Re: What did you do with your cub today?

Post by Scott C. »

Hmmmmm......
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

I walked past them as they wait vigilantly for snow duty.

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

I did some yard cleanup yesterday with the 982 and yard cart . Basically cleaning up fallen limbs from some of the windstorms we have had lately . My yard is still swampy from all the rain we've had lately . I'm going to clean out some honeysuckle vines out of the cemetery today , they are really starting to take over . Pictures later .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

A before and after of the old cemetery cleanup .
Whip sickle , limb and hand pruners and a rake , (no power tools involved ) , other than the cub . :lol:
Attachments
Sscn3800.jpg
Sscn3801.jpg
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Amazing transformation :!: :shock: Wow that looks nice :beer:
Dare I ask, will you be able to move in the morning :?:
I can guarantee I would NOT :lol:
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

dbh97
First and Last Name: David Holdeman

Post by dbh97 »

Could you move this thread from the suggestion box to a more appropriate place?
CC 107

For the Glory of God
http://bit.ly/rLnWCd

Nikster
First and Last Name: Nik Reikalas

Post by Nikster »

Yes, something in re; to that? A simple format that would make it simple for us users.

Also to make more simple is a sticky type thing in what was posted in let's say last 7 days or so? Instead of browsing the entire site one can hit ' lasts post/7 days?"

I have an old feeble mind & need all the help I can get to make it easier for me. :o I'm SHURE there are others in the same dilemma? So rather that searching all the different topics one would just hit------ posts last 7 days.

Nik,

Nikster

Post by Nikster »

Jlaws wrote:A before and after of the old cemetery cleanup .
Whip sickle , limb and hand pruners and a rake , (no power tools involved ) , other than the cub . :lol:
Interesting. Any story behind the people? Seems very very old. Family? Past residents? ??

Nik,

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

I was asked to move this post from What did you do with your cub today?

Very old family cemetery . 5 graves and all are the last name of Hoffman , They are no relation ( that I know of ) to me . Graves date from 1864 to 1880's . The 1864 headstone has the name of Hayden Hoffman age 31 at death , maybe a possible civil war fatality ? The two larger stones in front are husband and wife and both lived into their 70's (73 and 79 ) , which back then was an unusually old age . The other two are childs graves age 9 and 11 at death .

The family plot sits in the middle of my side yard , and when I first moved in it was an overgrown mess of poison ivy , honey suckle , wild rosebush , small trees , etc.
It hadn't been taken care of in years and was so badly overgrown that anyone that had moved into the neighborhood or drove by it in the last 20 years didn't even know that a cemetery was there .

tractrs2nv
First and Last Name: Kevin Liles

Post by tractrs2nv »

Jlaws wrote:I was asked to move this post from What did you do with your cub today?

Very old family cemetery . 5 graves and all are the last name of Hoffman , They are no relation ( that I know of ) to me . Graves date from 1864 to 1880's . The 1864 headstone has the name of Hayden Hoffman age 31 at death , maybe a possible civil war fatality ? The two larger stones in front are husband and wife and both lived into their 70's (73 and 79 ) , which back then was an unusually old age . The other two are childs graves age 9 and 11 at death .

The family plot sits in the middle of my side yard , and when I first moved in it was an overgrown mess of poison ivy , honey suckle , wild rosebush , small trees , etc.
It hadn't been taken care of in years and was so badly overgrown that anyone that had moved into the neighborhood or drove by it in the last 20 years didn't even know that a cemetery was there .
Jess,
Big thumbs up adopting your neighbors final resting place. I can relate about driving by 100's of times a thicket not knowing of human history planted there. This plot is in Logan co.,KY near the Red river on US hwy 431...1,000 yds from Robertson co.(Bell Witch co.)TN. My folks live off a road called Traughber Lane near this plot. One day I had my big tractor at my folks working their land,needing fuel I drove it to town (Adairville,KY) and coming back after getting fuel I looked down and could see head stones so I stopped to take a look. There he was: Capt John Traughber a Revolutionary War veteran originally from North Carolina given a large tract of land by the US government to settle in TN/KY for his service. His family members and others planted there as well. I told my folks about this discovery and were moved to pursue a clean up! I think the state should put a marker there to this veteran re-discovered.
Collector,user,trader & parts for IH Louisville Works Cub Cadet on the Tenntucky line.

huntingslife
First and Last Name: Michael Schomaker

Post by huntingslife »

ha i like this topic , yesterday i had to jumpstart my chevy avalance with my 124 and no jumper cables ... 14 2 romex worked lol
1969 125 IH #2 tiller IH Snow Thrower IH blade
1967 125 IH #1 tiller IH Blade
1969 124 Creeper

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

Got the OA42 mounted up on the 126 today.
The auger will in need of a bit of touching up with some liquid metal and hammer & dolly
DSCN2272.JPG
Actually, I'm pretty good at it by now :lol:

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

While Ken is getting ready for old man winter, Im happy to say that Vince is ready for the leaf season that will last till after Christmas.
Attachments
Vince bagging.jpg
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

cubcadet100
First and Last Name: Allen Cecil

Post by cubcadet100 »

Nice Vince! I'm also ready for leaf season.

JLazar
First and Last Name: John Lazar

Post by JLazar »

Rolled out the yard a little with my new 52"x24" yard roller. The cubcadet 71 pulled just fine.
Expect The Best; IH Cub Cadet!

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

That tractor is so nice. I cant wait to get my cylinder from Kelly. I thought for sure it would have been here Sat seeing you got your stuff from him. Sucks driving threw the woods and the thing wont steer!
-Andrew Jackson

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Vince thats why you won't ever see power steering on any of my supers . Its a good ideal if you have a loader on the front , other than that your wasting your money IMHO .
They don't steer to good when there not running either . :lol:

Staying on subject I started to put my 982's in plowday garb , getting them ready for this weekend Ohio plowday . I checked the oil , hytan , and did the initial plow adjustments .
I know its only tuesday , but I like to get an early start ( I don't like any last minute surprises ).
Attachments
Sscn4019.jpg

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Well Jess if I could trade a PS set up for 3 982 set ups, Have fun another with out me. I will make it there one year I promis!
-Andrew Jackson

Fwatson
First and Last Name: Frank Watson

Post by Fwatson »

Worked on putting the 1200 together. Mounted the front end, Headlights and the hood. I have to tweak the tunnel cover to get it lined up so the Creeper shift lever ingages in the proper location.
Pictures will be coming out in the next few days
{:-{)
Fwatson
From Southeastern Va.

Nikster

Post by Nikster »

Nothing.

I think I killed my grass last weekend for the last time? Might chop up some leaves just to get some seat time in & they are patiently waiting for that white crap to start falling.

Nik,

jim h
First and Last Name: Jim Harrington

Post by jim h »

Pulled the original out of the garage for the first time in about 7 years. Drained the old gas,replaced the shut off/sediment bowl, topped it off with new gas. It needed a plug and battery, so I borrowed them from the 126, pushed the button and she fired right up!. Not bad for all that time sitting. Need to work on the throttle tom. It's not working so well.
Looks like I'll have to push the 126 back into the garage!

CrazyMatt
First and Last Name: Matt Little

Post by CrazyMatt »

Did some work to my 102. Put a new muffler on it and put the air cleaner back on it. It runs again after sitting for who knows how long. I need to figure out if Im gonna put the snow thrower on it or leave the blade on it for the winter.
1950 farmall cub
2 cub cadet 102's
1955 IH R160
16? other tractors

JohnathanB
First and Last Name: johnathan bruford

Post by JohnathanB »

The 1650 help'd me lift a doe this morning, The ole girl is always so helpful!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
regards,
JohnathanB
Attachments
dec4 008.jpg
1650, 1450 duel hydro,42" tiller,42"snow blower,42 & 54 snow/dirt plow,42 & 50 mower deck ,brinly bottom plow,brinly cultivator with shovel hillers,#2 IH cart

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Post by ReicheP »

Changed out the oil for winter, new air filter, new spark plug.
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

bud horn
First and Last Name: Bud Horn

Post by bud horn »

Well, two days ago we got 8" of new snow. Started off with the 1650. As things progressed the angle lock pin wouldn't
stay in. Finished with the 125.
Today we got another 5" of fresh snow. Plowed with the 125.
Sorry no pics. I guess Trina forgot how to use the camera. :lol:

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Did the same thing here. Woke up to way more snow than I thought would actually accumulate as we never get near what they call for where I am. It usually falls all around me here. Cubs scare it off I guess. Anyway, didn't have the blower or blade and cab on 73 so I pulled out the diesel and two blades I had at the house. First snow for the diesel here :beer: Spent the rest of the day digging out and getting the blower and cab on hoping we might get lucky this year.
Attachments
1572 snow 017.jpg
1572 snow 037.jpg
1572 snow 032.jpg
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Ok goota say this, Im not impressed buy the pulling power of my 1872. We cut trees for the last 3 days and drug them up out of the holler and Vinces 582 with red spring, bad throw out bearing will out pull that tractor. Ive never liked a hydro, and this conferms it. It pulls a plow great, but pulling stadic weight, Ill take the gear drive.
Attachments
Pulling loggs 001.jpg
-Andrew Jackson

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Vince, Somethings wrong with that 1872. My 1863 will pull like a truck. Now with the bigger engine in it she really pulls.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Any idea what i need to check? I have a preasure guage to put on it, but other than that I dont know what else to look for. These loggs are big, about 10 inchs across 8 to 12 feet long. I pulled the cherry trees up 2 hills around the well house and another 200 yds with no problem with the 582, the 1872, its a dog when you hit the hills with even a bit smaller log. Now if Im plowing with it, nothing will stop it.
-Andrew Jackson