Quit reading the forum

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
wdeturck

Quit reading the forum

Post by wdeturck »

I've haven't read the forum since last year. Everything i try to do frustrates me and because of this resession I don't have any extra money to play with my Cubs. I have put the Chevy up for sale as I can't get any extra money to pay down the loan I have on it. I'm going to post it on the "For Sale" and offer it for $10,500 to a forum member. Thanks for all the good times I've had over the years being a :geezer:

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Re: Quit reading the forum

Post by VScott »

Geezer, I hate to hear that. Been there myself before with a different hobby. I sure hope that you don't give up on us here, I know you put a lot of effort into the dealer decals and I know you take a lot of pride in our hobby. I konow that we have never met in person, but I always make sure that I read your posts, and always get a laugh, or learn something. Sure hope it's just a temporary thing, your contributions are priceless to us all here. I would sure hate to lose a seasoned veteran like you!

Vinny

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

I think the recession has affected most of us. My last raise was 2008 and the cost of everything keeps going up. I've had to sell some stuff too but managed to keep my cubs going.

The current situation is temporary and will improve in the future. Good luck with the sale of your truck and truly hope you do stick around.

Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Geezer, SAY IT AIN'T SO!!! I have enjoyed you being a part of my cub cadet experience for 1/3 of my life & more importantly ALL my cub cadet life. Go ahead & sell the truck & a couple tractors but don't let Ted out of your sight. You can still read the forum & check on us & I hope to still see you at plow days & red powers. Your Geezer-wisdom & Geezer-stories have made the forum more enjoyable. Without you, there would be...no Geezer and no dealer stickers! I've learned a lot from both. If you must go, here's one more cool tool for you... :beer:

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Geezer,
You've been around on the new and old registry both since well before me. I remember chatting with you a bit in Noblesville once and looking at the M&W. Things are tough for everyone and it's not going to be the same without you posting but I'm sure you've thought about it and know what's best for you a lot better than any of us. I too have cut back on a lot of forum reading on various sites for my own reasons I won't get into on here as well. So on that note, take care and hope to see you back... and preferably soon. :beer:
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

William, AKA Geezer,
We don't want to see you give up on the forum. I know things are not too good right now, but you are not by your self, it effects all of us one way or another, I have some health issues other than just the cataract surgerys to to get through, but I haven't given up. Maybe you can't play with your Cub Cadets right now, but you can still "play with them" by reading and posting on the forum. You have a vast knowledge about them and you can and do pass that knowledge on to others, and that is one way to stay active with them. So hang with us if you can, and we all hope that things will get better for you. :thumbsup:
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

mikeyb
First and Last Name: Michael Bobbitt

Post by mikeyb »

Hang in there Geezer! Things will get better.
You have alot of knowledge and experience not to post and read here.

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Post by l palma »

William,
As always,I enjoy the knowledge and experiences you bring every time you post.It was great to meet you at both plow days that I attended at the Riverside PA.You are the rock star of Cub Cadet tractors,signing autographs,everyone wanting their picture with the Geezer,and always helping others with their new found hobby.
That damn generator...
I guess sometimes we need to take a break from what life dishes out to us and put things in perspective.I hope you keep checking in from time to time.
You will be missed... :cry:

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Geezer we need you :!: I'm pretty new to this hobby and Geezer posts and info. even photo in 50 years of Cubs...you are the one we look to.
With my health currently in the crapper and money going backwards for several years now w/o inflation, I find checking and reading this forum is one way I've been able to keep my sanity...well some might dis-agree about my sanity... :lol:
I sure hope you can find a way to hang in there with us.
Jim
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

TWheaton
First and Last Name: Tim Wheaton

Post by TWheaton »

William,
I hope you give this another thought. You are one of the foundations of this group. You are always willing to help and support. I remember when the old site went down, you went to Red Power on line and got us a space there to keep in touch.
If you set the tractors aside for awhile, I hope you still stay to help and share your knowledge.
Tim

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Dad gum it Geezer !!
Like the rest have said we are all in the same boat in one way or another and sacrifices may have to be made, but think if it as " material sacrifices" I see as prices go up and the quantity drops things are changing in a material way, but that loss would never compete with a loss of the brotherhood of this forum, and the fellowship many of us shared at plow days .

You have contributed so many good things dedicated towards making the site the way it is. I haven't done that All I can do is take away, and only so of the knowledge shared by folks like you.

You are an icon,and a cornerstone of this forum.

I was told by a member the other day, and it is true " Aint the dog in the fight , It's the fight in the dog"...
(Thanks Earl... it really has stuck in my head.)

So I ask you to stand beside us as we walk this walk together . God will provide what we need.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

TractorDan
First and Last Name: Dan Cocsorso

Post by TractorDan »

“Lord help me, the sea is so wide and my boat is so small.” A person gave me that small plaque in 1994. I can’t remember who it was, but I have kept it hanging in the same spot ever since I received it. Many times I forget to read it, but when I do remember it reminds me of all the things I have seen, been through, and had to experience in my life thus far. Many of which I would not wish on my worst of enemies. Financial hardships, which seem to be inescapable, and all of us are only one day away from. They can also provide another chapter in our lives. Yes, true I know it doesn’t allow us to enjoy those things that we have grown accustomed too. Like our hobbies, decent food & beverage, a vacation, or just the pleasure of having some money in our pockets, etc. It does provide an opportunity to stop, and not by voluntary means, to reflect on what we do still have… wife, kids, family, friends, health. . There is a saying that feeling appreciation and not expressing it is like wrapping a gift and not giving it. The next time we are surrounded by family and friends, or just sitting in our sheds or garages we should give thanks for what we have received. In these harsh times of people losing their jobs, fringe benefits taken away, and the results of stress put upon family’s. Perhaps it is time that we go back to basics and began to appreciate all that we do have. Most of us have roofs over our heads and food on our tables. At least today we do, tomorrow this could all change. We should be giving thanks for the friendships we have and for what they mean in our lives. Each one of us has been given talents and skills and as well as being grateful for them. Perhaps, at this time of our life, we should decide to use them. For today is a day for appreciating our own good fortune and sharing it with others. That being said, I must get back to my new found life of 4 yrs, “House Husband”. My duties include, but not limited to, dishes, laundry, cleaning, yard work, and all other duties as assigned by my wife, who remains employed. As for what tomorrow will bring, well like I said before, that could all change.
383 w/deck & snowplow
2072 w/loader
2082 w/deck & plow & blower
1772 w/deck
128 w/deck
1949 Cub w/deck, plow, & snowplow
M-48 Tank w/deck & Snowplow
Mowett Mustang 5hp
71 w/deck

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Geezer,I hope things look up for you!
You do so much and add way more content to this site and Cub Cadets in general than I could ever attempt to.You are a GREAT ambassador for our hobby and you leaving would leave a very large hole.
I also feel the pain of the recession.In better times I would buy,fix and re sell anything I could to make some mad money but lately it is very hard to sell much of anything as folks don't have disposable cash to spend.

dbh97
First and Last Name: David Holdeman

Post by dbh97 »

When life hands you lemons, turn it in to yellow paint to paint the Cub.
CC 107

For the Glory of God
http://bit.ly/rLnWCd

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Post by Scott C. »

Bill,
I'm sorry I haven't been on the forum and caught this! Gheeze!
Let's see....
If it weren't for you.....
I wouldn't have IT.
I wouldn't have my loader.
I wouldn't have all the knowledge I have now.
I wouldn't have had help in the old IH registry days.
I wouldn't have had help here.
We wouldn't have had a guy that went to more shows than anyone and showed other people how friendly and helpful other collectors can be.
We wouldn't have your help with Fort Allen.
We wouldn't have a guy that goes out of his way to find answers for people.
We wouldn't have a guy who goes out of his way to make new people to the forum and collecting in general, feel at home.
I wouldn't have had a good friend for the past 11 or 12 years.
Jill and Donna wouldn't be friends.

Think about it. What you have done to expand a circle of friends across, not the state, or the states but the world! you have welcomed folks who sign up from over seas!

Who on this forum have you help introduce to someone else? Who have they met and introduced to someone?
I can't even imagine the scope of your influence in this hobby.
Without you and others like you, we'd be a small click of narrow minded collectors.

The recession sucks.
I tried to apply for another position within my company and my boss took it personally (there was just two of us in the PGH office).
He was literally pissed at the fact I would try to better myself within the company and did everything he could to block my move.
He succeeded.
He thought force could keep someone in their place, baaad management style.
That's been going on for some time, he heard me talking to someone about an interview Thursday and let me go Friday.
At least the owner of the company let me know he would be a reference if I needed him (small consolation but a help).
Luckily, the interview process was already in progress and I had my final yesterday.
I should start next week sometime.
It's a good ending but for the last couple months I haven't slept well and have felt like crap. Fear and worry can wear you out fast and take you away from the very things that can alleviate some of that like family, friends and interests.
I have to take some of my own advice and get back in here more, get ready for plow day, get the manuals updated, post a lot more and get back to work on my project 149.

I consider it an honor to have you as a friend.
And please remember that when folks make reference to the forum, your name among others comes up as someone who is respected and trusted.
Respect and trust are earned and there is a mountain of effort and honest willingness and want that has earned the way folks think of you.
Please keep that in mind.
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

Bill Decker
First and Last Name: Bill Decker

Post by Bill Decker »

Bill, The money thing is beating everyone. I like to horsetrade stuff, and even that is really slow, parts that used to bring $200 bring half that, if they sell at all. There just isn't the extra hobby money around for anyone, not just us retired guys. I sold my bike and my big Dodge, and bought a little older, more basic truck so I could keep afloat. I do think that just sticking around and checking in when you can is still a good idea. Take care, my friend.

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

Geezer, I hope you still stick with the forum. I haven't been on here much the last couple of months due to lot of other things going on, but I try to keep up when I can. We all know we wouldn't have this forum and the info and insight you provide without your tireless efforts, as well as those of the other moderators. I truly hope you continue visiting the plow days, and you are always welcome to take a spin on my tractors!! Hell, you can have mine for the day! Just wouldn't be the same without you. But more importantly for me personally, you have been a huge role model and influence on Cory, probably more than you know. I rarely see him sit and talk with someone and focus on their every word the way he does with you. You have earned my and his respect with how openly you'll sit down with him and talk about anything...from your service time to Cub Cadets to whatever else is put on the table! Thanks for making him feel important too!

Hope you stick around!!

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

I can't think of too much to add to what everyone else has said, but William please try to continue to at least check in with us once in a while. You will leave an awfully big hole here if you don't stay. Thanks for all you have done for the hobby over the years.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

John Norcross
First and Last Name: John Norcross

Post by John Norcross »

William,
About 5 years ago you helped me get a mower deck from your neck of the woods to mine and I will never forget that.
You just gotta hang in there and don't let this get you down.
Just look at all the posts from friends you have here.

John.

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Geezer

Im really sorry to read this, kinda shocked. I have many reasons to thank you for your help, but the bigest one was the first time I met you at MEO's house. The warm welcome from you, Don and Mike , I have never forgot. In fact I have made it a point to try and help everyone that I meet, like you have helped me. Alll the times sitting around the fire listning to your stories, and not to mention you and my neighbor Marc at 4am in the morning looking for your hearing aid at the lodge! I know Im not much on the serious side much, but I sure will miss your posts and knowing that your in the background helping us.
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

albie
First and Last Name: Albie Breidenbaugh

Post by albie »

Geezer I think from what I have read here you would be missed if you weren't around. At all the plow days I've been to your spot is the congegating area and you are like the cub ambassador to all new comers and put them in the right direction. Just saying that you mean alot to the Cub community and plow days without you wont be the same as plow days with you.
105 147 1650 382 782D

JLazar
First and Last Name: John Lazar

Post by JLazar »

I think somebody needs to swallow their pride. I know you have at least 1 IHCC in good running order. And that cant be bad. Nobody here wants to see you leave and quit posting. I try to rember everyday what I'am thankful FOR, and not what I dont have. Money, I tell ya, is the root of all evil. Thanks.
Expect The Best; IH Cub Cadet!

jglass
First and Last Name: John K. Glass

Post by jglass »

Do not judge your brother untill you have walked in his moccasins for three moons. I don 't know william except what I have read on this and the old forum, but I am about his age. When you get to the 9th decade of life things change considerably. I personaly would be proud to list him as a friend. Hang in there Bill, there's better days ahead

JLazar
First and Last Name: John Lazar

Post by JLazar »

Thats fine my man, I can respect your opinion. Just know I dont like to see people have to make decisions as so, and ment no disrespect to Bill. But rather honor whats best for him and family. One thing I know and believe is that you cant keep a good man down!
Expect The Best; IH Cub Cadet!

ridgerunner97
First and Last Name: Jon Pechunka

Post by ridgerunner97 »

All I honestly know about you William is what Dwayne told me about you and you and I both know he's not a bullshitter. Without him and indirectly you, i'd have never found this great forum. I hope you stay around the forum and keep an eye on it, its guys like me that need the knowledge and the guidance of guys like you and others in this hobby. I hope things work out for you soon but everyone is feelin the pressure now a days thats for sure nobody is unaffected.

madmolly3
First and Last Name: Michael Mollohan

Post by madmolly3 »

never really met you but you helped me make an old ih cub mechanic very happy, with just a sticker to copy and put on our project that he and i started on to teach me. as i am a dentist that got yellow cadet fever.....and made a hell of a new friend.....old guy knows everything and loves showing this untrained mechanic how it is done. On nice turn reserves another, and usually gets returned even if it takes some time. I hope you hang around on your computer here, if you are ever in central illinois and in need of something...would be very pleased to meet you. had some set backs myself, namely my EX that got my retirement fund.... just keep chin up if possible,or find a friend to help you....can be just email or conversation but just saying good bye. sounds to me from postings that you have a lot more friends and fans than you had any idea.

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

I got a CC dealer sticker for Williams Dealer Decal page , what am I supposed to do with it now . :dontknow:
Anyone heard anything from William lately ??
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Jlaws wrote:I got a CC dealer sticker for Williams Dealer Decal page , what am I supposed to do with it now . :dontknow:
Anyone heard anything from William lately ??
I'd post it anyway just in case he drops in.. He may just save it to his computer .

I haven't heard a word, Hope he is OK anything I may say would just be a stab in the dark.. so I'll wait for facts.

Only been one thing posted as to actual Plow Day for this year at Ft Allan.. usually by now he is taking orders for the meals ?????
If no one (member of the" Steam ASSN ") steps up for him, many will be going to Ft Allan dinner kinda blind.

No one can even make a gestamate on how many may be there as the corn maize is the same day again --- GRRrrrr!
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

Go ahead and post it, i can resize it and move it to the decals section... i may take that over if we get no other volunteers
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

Jim
First and Last Name: Jim Whitbeck

Post by Jim »

William,

We have been in the forum for a lot of years together and through some trying times. Don't jump ship now. Jim in BC,Canada