First "followed me home" in a while...

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Bill Decker
First and Last Name: Bill Decker

First "followed me home" in a while...

Post by Bill Decker »

Junior pulled in the other night with this 123. 3PT. (less the lower bracket), spring assist, the hydro is supposed to be great with little to no creep, the trunion is pretty darn tight. Motor is out because the PO said it had bad compression, and he didn't want to bore it. Maybe the crack in the head at one of the studs had something to do with it, since it seems pretty tight. I think I will put the spare head on it, drop the Kohler back in, and see how it behaves. The hardest part was getting it out of the back of the S-10 winter beater..
Attachments
2012-02-02 09.06.27.jpg

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Re: First "followed me home" in a while...

Post by J Hayes »

Bad Compression , Did Po know it had ACR ? Nice looking tractor !!
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Post by l palma »

Looks to be in pretty good shape,was it repainted?

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

I'd say it was repainted only because the snowplow bracket and U-bolt is painted the same and the S/G doesn't match the new paint. Which brings up the next point. Did you get the snowplow with it since it has the bracket?
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Bill Decker
First and Last Name: Bill Decker

Post by Bill Decker »

Update: Took a look at things a little closer. The motor is already .030" over, and there is a lot of wear at the top of the bore. I have all the parts, but not sure if it's worth the effort to re-install it only to have it be a ratter. Years ago you could buy oversized rings that would make for a quick fix, but they were more of a band-aid. Trying to decide which direction to go on that. The tractor is a repaint, but not a bad job at all. The left fender needs some attention, and someone did a bolt through repair on the steer spindle. i have a nother good NF axle assembly here from when I went to the WF on my 123, so that's not an issue. Didn't get the blade, he had a thrower that was sold for scrap a long time ago, I guess. I have another blade here that was in my 123, but I need to perform some surgery on it to straighten the a-frame after a sidewalk seam encounter. Dusty has another Kohler out in his barn that may end up in here, if this behaves well it may end up being the designated grass masher, unless of course it goes to a new home.