WF front axle on a NF?

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Dbaumanjr
First and Last Name: Darryl Bauman Jr.

WF front axle on a NF?

Post by Dbaumanjr »

I seem to remember that a WF front axle(axle, spindles & wheels) will fit on a NF. Is this correct?
The reason that I ask is that the great running 127 that I have in the For Sale section isn't selling. And I need a hydro WF to mount my Haban sickle bar to. Since the Haban hangs from the front axle, I thought maybe I'd switch axles & use it for the sickle bar. Does this sound rational?
I'm still hoping to sell this 127 & pick up a 109, but I want to keep my options open.
I'm planning to be at AW's next Saturday morning, with the 127 & some other goodies. I hope to see a few familiar faces & meet the Mayor! *everyone hide the charcoal lighter fluid* :lol:
Darryl Bauman Jr
Real tractors are yellow & white....

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Re: WF front axle on a NF?

Post by Farmallgray »

It will go right in. The only thing you may have a problem with is the length of the drag link. It may have to be lengthened or shortened.

I even put a cyclops axle in a NF for my loader.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

Tim DeLooza
First and Last Name: Tim DeLooza

Post by Tim DeLooza »

Daryl, Have you tried installing the Haban the way it is? Why do you think you need to change the front axle?

This sheet might also be of interest to you…
Attachments
Habaninst.jpg

Dbaumanjr
First and Last Name: Darryl Bauman Jr.

Post by Dbaumanjr »

Tim, I haven't tried fitting the Sickle-Mow to the NF front axle. But If I keep this tractor, I want to fix the loose steering. And this is the best way that I know how! Plus I already have a set of wheels....
I thought they looked pretty close to the same.....
Thanks to everyone for the input!!
Darryl
Darryl Bauman Jr
Real tractors are yellow & white....