Sometimes you do things on impulse ...........

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
wham
First and Last Name: Tim Ham

Sometimes you do things on impulse ...........

Post by wham »

and then you wish you could get that size 10 boot you got on around to kick your ownself in the butt !!! Oh well, scrap metal will go back up one day I guess or then again it might be a good project for me to do a complete strip down and spend a bunch of money on and make something out of it ! But hey, I like O's so who know's ?????? My only hope now is for it to have a 3 or 4 digit serial number but right now if I can get it loaded in the truck and home without it falling down to complete dust I'll be happy . And I guess I wouldn't scrap it anyway because as an old Cub Collector told me one time (here you go Jim S) I hate to see people part out O's and I guess a little of that rubbed off on me when he sold me my first O.

Cub Cadets, Just Like Lays Potato Chips, no one can own Just One ! ! ! !
Originalx7, 70x2, 100x2, 71, 102, 72x2, 149, 169, 1450 two stick, 782, 782D, Z-Force (yaller fever )

aar
First and Last Name: Craig Armfield

Re: Sometimes you do things on impulse ...........

Post by aar »

Years of service left in that old girl :) It will make a great one to photo journal on here for us to watch the transformation ;)

DaveKamp
First and Last Name: Dave Kamp

Post by DaveKamp »

It's not all rusted away... it just needs paint.

Look- it came with curb lights!
Yes, I'm a Mad Scientist... but I'm usually happy, even when things ain't goin right.

wham

Post by wham »

Yep, them thar custom headlights wuz whut made me want it ! :lol: :lol: on a serious note we dodged Tornado's going to get it and coming back, seriously, and almost constant rain and lightening . Guess you could say we went thru " hail and high water " to bring that one home from middle TN. Did meet one heck of a guy in the process that will be a good " cub connection " for the future. Pretty much give out and Corey's Z71 took a beating getting it home . We're home and looks like for now the Tornado's are past us .

Tim H.
Originalx7, 70x2, 100x2, 71, 102, 72x2, 149, 169, 1450 two stick, 782, 782D, Z-Force (yaller fever )

wham

Post by wham »

And on a positive note, for me at least, it is a 1961 according to the serial #. :beer: