Fort Allen Meeting for Plow Day

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Fort Allen Meeting for Plow Day

Post by Scott C. »

Plow Day update.
Geezer, Howard D. and myself were at the Fort Allen meeting last night and got some information on plow day.

There is no cost to attend Plow Day.
It's free to get into the grounds, plow, camp, etc.
You do not have to be a member of the Fort Allen Antique Machinery Association although I think it is a good idea to join just to help support them.

Once again, the pulling sled will be there after lunch. For those of you who are new to the idea, we get a pulling sled (weight transfer type) to come and let us hook as much as we want all afternoon. You do not need any extra safety items for our tractors, there are no rules other than common safety sense, no points, you are allowed, even encouraged, to lie and cheat (I didn't say that though), we do this for bragging rights and nothing else. Price has been $2 a hook in the past. We do not add weight until everyone thinks it's time to.

We would like to have all of the folks who are staying for dinner Saturday evening to let us know by April 15th so the girls in the kitchen can stock up.
Dinner still looks to be 8 bucks which has been a pretty good meal in the past.

There will be plenty of free firewood for those who are going to camp there.

The 50/50 raffle will be sold all day with the winner pulled after dinner along with door prizes. Proceeds from the 50/50 will pay for the website server costs and if there is extra it will go to next years raffle tractor and Fort Allen as a donation from the site.
We do not have an Original to raffle away this year as I had hoped, my fault there. Changing jobs has been taking all of my time.
But! I might have a lead on a tractor from the meeting last night so I'll keep you informed.

The fields will be mowed but right now it's mud (imagine that!).

Another interesting prospect came up last night.
The blacksmiths will have a pretty good group there that weekend so that's a plus.
Also, they are working with the local Boy Scouts on merit badges for metal working. A very worth endeavor on their part.
I offered up to them and spoke for our group as a whole saying that the Cub Cadet Collectors would be happy to take any Boy Scout that wanted to plow, put him on a tractor and let him turn some dirt.
I think I spoke well because I've seen most of you at one time or another turn a tractor over to someone so they could play.

The local TSC in Delmont PA came to the association again this year to see if they could bring some tractors to the store on June 10th of this year for a one day show.
Fort Allen is going to get some big stuff there and I said I would put it out there to our guys to see if anyone wants to go.
I will be stopping to talk with the manager soon to let him know and possibly get a couple door prizes from TSC.

I know the price of gas sucks and the economy is still tough. Come to plow day, if you can't bring a machine, I'll loan you one of mine!

If anyone has any suggestions or input, email one of us or post it on the Plow Day page.

Thanks all.
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

Scott C.

Re: Fort Allen Meeting for Plow Day

Post by Scott C. »

Plow day could be interesting, it's my daughters due date.
Hmmmm....... a Plow Day Grandson :beer:

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Scott C. wrote:Plow day could be interesting, it's my daughters due date.
Hmmmm....... a Plow Day Grandson :beer:
Wonderful nick name" Plow Boy"
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

Hey Geezer, I don't know if I can make the Fort Allen meeting this week.
I'm probably going to be in VA and WV for three days.
I'll let you know Monday.

I feel better, at least I have one tractor ready for plow day. The pressure is off.

IS IT PLOW DAY YET :?: :?: :?:

ridgerunner97
First and Last Name: Jon Pechunka

Post by ridgerunner97 »

^ I met Howard Demko today at the Rugh Equipment Auction and he was excited for plow day to get here! I got my 123 running good and mowing grass the other day, still don't have all my sleeve hitch parts or a plow but I'm planning on bringin it down sans deck, my brother may bring his Bolens 1050, and two friends may bring a Powerking and a small Farmall down. Should be a blast as long as i'm not stuck working! :beer:

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

If your coming PD XII in PA(Fort Allen Show at Scottdale, PA)please go to the PD site(viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3008 and add your name to the list. Thank You