The 128 I've been working on.

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
kcw12
First and Last Name: Kevin Wright

The 128 I've been working on.

Post by kcw12 »

I have a 128, 149 that needs help, and a 1450 partial there mower.

Anyways I have been working on the the 128, because its all there and gear driven. (Myself and Hydrostatics just don't get along). I have been having deck issues. The deck that came on the 128 is either a 44a or 50a i believe (cant find serial on it), and there rear pins that pin it on the mule drive like to come off due to uneven ground and play. The other deck i have which is a V deck off the 149, and it stays no problem,hardly any play. Could that other deck be for a newer series tractor? IS there any good way to identify these decks, or would I just have to post pictures of them on here?

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: The 128 I've been working on.

Post by ksanders »

Welcome to the forum. You aren't that far from me. The 128 will take both the old and new style deck but the subframes for them are different. It's possible the newer style deck you were trying on it isn't made for the subframe on the 128. A few pics would clear it up easily though.

I guess one quick identifier is the serial tag on them. I don't know the numbers off hand but I know that the older style is a 42" and 48" deck while the newer ones are 44" and 50" First two numbers on the id tags would be the size.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

kcw12

Post by kcw12 »

I have the subframe off a 1450, which im going to mate to the deck tomorrow after work to see if it has the same play issue. Never thought they would have changed that on those cubs. Unfortunally the two pullies on that is shot. Also the spindles in the 50 deck have a little play, ANyway to get that out of them or rebuild them?

dale campbell
First and Last Name: Dale Campbell

Post by dale campbell »

some times the rear brackets get spread out due to rubbing things with the sides of the deck,and the deck flops side to side and can come off the pins,you can bend them back in to take the play out so they won't flop around and come off

kcw12

Post by kcw12 »

Also there is forward and backward play of the front axle, anyways to get that out?

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

I have put a washer in the axle before with good results. But some tims the pin is just too worn.
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

pattonacres
First and Last Name: Rich Patton

Post by pattonacres »

take the axle out ,use a big bolt and nut and squash the channel back together. do this a small amount at a time and keep checking the fit
PATTON ACRES LLC Garden Tractor Salvage Yard
check us out online @ www.pattonacres.com