Year of Manufacture

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
jlacrone
First and Last Name: Jeff LaCrone

Year of Manufacture

Post by jlacrone »

I'm new to this forum and Cub Cadet tractors but I picked up a Cub Cadet 100 at a swap meet. Pretty nice shape so I couldn't pass it up for the price and it runs good. Only thing that doesn't work is the tail light. Probably a bad bulb. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to figure out the year of manufacture? Do I just go off the engine numbers? I can't find a tag on the tractor it's self. Is there a number stamped in it somewhere? I'll post some pictures of it later when I get them. Thanks for your help.

jpence
First and Last Name: James Pence

Re: Year of Manufacture

Post by jpence »

There should be a model number stamped into the frame or transmission or have a metal tag with the serial number. I am not sure of the exact spot for 100. Once you have that go to our site's documents and manuals or this link downloads.php?cat=21 and download the serial number reference sheet.
James Pence in PA

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

The s/n should be stamped on the front right side of the trainsmision clean the entire area of dirt as there are 2 places it could be. One spot is on the high spot..... You'll know what I mean when you get there, the other spot is just I front of this high spot. The 70/100's where made together and started Around s/n 68000 to 120,000 they where made in 64 to 66

jlacrone

Post by jlacrone »

I hunted for awhile but haven't found the serial # yet. I'll keep hunting. Meanwhile here's some pictures. :?
Attachments
IH Cub Cadet 100
IH Cub Cadet 100
IH Cub Cadet 100
IH Cub Cadet 100

jlacrone

Post by jlacrone »

I looked more last night and this morning and can't find a number stamped on the transmission. I see one cast into the side of the case but doesn't look to be a serial number. Wondering if the transaxtle has to come out to find it? :?: :? Thanks

I found a web site that showed right where the #'s are and after scraping paint they are 122XXX. I beleive it dates it to 1965. Amazing what paint will cover but not body imperfections when you want it to.