mower decks....so many..help

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
bbungard
First and Last Name: Brandon C Bungard

mower decks....so many..help

Post by bbungard »

Anyone know where i can find a list of what fits and what doesnt? or even alist of decks and widths and models? im building a 105 and have no idea on wha tdeck to put under it thanks ahead of time guys
Beat it like it owes you money$$

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Re: mower decks....so many..help

Post by Dave C »

This question comes up fairly often, i guess this will be # 20 in the new FAQ section!

There is no real answer to your question except with the right amount of mixing and matching just about any cub cadet deck will fit on just about any model forwards and backwards.... they sold adapting packages to facilitate someone that bought a new tractor but wanted to keep there existing deck and vise versa someones deck turned to junk and needed a new one 10 years later.

The "correct" deck or the one that would have been sold with your tractor would have been a 38 or 42 QA deck

but a 38 or 42 pin on or bolt up deck from a 70/100 would fit

but a timed deck from an original would fit

and so on
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

bbungard

Post by bbungard »

Can you tell me what deck this is?

bbungard

Post by bbungard »

resize.jpg

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

well its definitly a 42 inch deck, thats what the first 2 numbers mean.... i dont recall what the rest of the numbers mean, i think its a QA deck. i would have to see a picture of the rest of the deck to be sure.
dave
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

That would be a 42" QA deck.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Post by l palma »

The 3rd revision of a 42" deck.nice tag

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

bbungard wrote:Anyone know where i can find a list of what fits and what doesnt? or even alist of decks and widths and models? im building a 105 and have no idea on wha tdeck to put under it thanks ahead of time guys
I have been using http://www.savillesequip.com/parts.asp for parts. There were 3 or4 sites that used " Your EMPARTweb" privileges have expired. Dose anyone have this EMPART parts look up that still works. There was one in Florida but I can't find it.

I am using http://www.messicks.com/cubcadetparts.aspx that is harder to use but their prices are lower than most Cub Cadet Parts(Original mower blades $20 instead of $28 and drive belt for Original timed deck 1/2 by 82 was $30 instead of $39. It's a little harder to use but it will access all the older IH Cub Cadet models and then click on attachments to get mower and other attachment information.

I am going to get my timed deck on Ted to use as a trimming mower and I lost the blades which I kept off of it when I took it to shows(they always turned even when disengaged by yje foot pedal).

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Post by Scott C. »

I am going to get my timed deck on Ted to use as a trimming mower and I lost the blades which I kept off of it when I took it to shows(they always turned even when disengaged by yje foot pedal).
That is of course, if I ever bring Ted back!
I kinda like havin' him around...
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

mmzullo
First and Last Name: Mike Marzullo

Post by mmzullo »

Geezer,
I might have an extra set of blades if you need them. Let me know you have my #.
Mike

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

mmzullo wrote:Geezer,
I might have an extra set of blades if you need them. Let me know you have my #.
Mike
Thanks Mike. I called my favorite dealer(http://labudafarmservice.com/) and they have 4 Original 38" timed mower deck blades IH 464350 R1 for less than $20 so I will get them there.
Scott C. wrote:
I am going to get my timed deck on Ted to use as a trimming mower and I lost the blades which I kept off of it when I took it to shows(they always turned even when disengaged by the foot pedal).
That is of course, if I ever bring Ted back!
I kinda like havin' him around...
If you happen to go by Lubuda's before you return Ted could you pickup the 2 blades I set aside under my name :?: .

jlacrone
First and Last Name: Jeff LaCrone

Post by jlacrone »

Can anyone tell me anything about a 42" deck that has cast iron sides and center. I got it on a 1965 Cub Cadet 100? I didn't see a tag on it.

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

jlacrone wrote:Can anyone tell me anything about a 42" deck that has cast iron sides and center. I got it on a 1965 Cub Cadet 100? I didn't see a tag on it.
I have one of those which is a 38" and there was a 42" available that I restored and have the mounting brackets to put it on my Original. They came with the 70/100. models and later.
cast iron deck parts.jpg
ci deck parts 14.jpg
CI deck5.jpg

jlacrone
First and Last Name: Jeff LaCrone

Post by jlacrone »

I see I need to replace the rib around the back of the blades but other than that It's in pretty good shape. Thanks for the info. Very well built deck.