Who made these wheel weights ??

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Who made these wheel weights ??

Post by Jlaws »

About 5 years ago ( on the old IH Reg. site ) I posted pictures of a set of cast wheel weights that I had found .
I never got a definitive answer as to who made them , and were always getting new members so I thought I'd ask again .
I have found two more sets , for a total of six , so evidently a few were made by some manufacturer .
I've got one set on the Mag Original and two sets stacked on one of my 982's .

Only thing I can tell you is that one set was painted orange and looked to be the original color .
They have three clearance holes in a triangular pattern which lines up perfectly with the cub wheel lug pattern , and three 7/16 20 threaded holes 180* opposite of the clearance holes for stacking them .
They weigh 22 lbs. apiece , have a C inside a square similar to this [C] , and a number in the casting of 10583 .

Maybe Case , Allis Chambers ??
Attachments
Sscn9446.jpg
Sscn3917.jpg
Sscn3918.jpg
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

ljones
First and Last Name: Lucas Jones

Re: Who made these wheel weights ??

Post by ljones »

100% shure it's not from a Case gt.
Have a original and a 122 http://mycubs.yolasite.com/

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Jess,they look like two wheeled tractor type to me.

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Jess
I'm at an auction with our web master, there is a simplicity walk behind with a set of those..... I cant seam to load the picture from my phone I'll try again from home......