Ported/non-ported hydro pump?

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Ported/non-ported hydro pump?

Post by Dave C »

Ok im not so much of an expert on these newer fangled here 82 series but im catching up quickly

So i have parted my first 1810 and it has a hydro pump that looks to be drilled and taped for ports and currently has plugs in each hole. I beleive i read somewhere that you can install the fittings and change a releif valve errrr somethin somwhere? and poof you got ports?

Does anyone know the procedure here? and what i need to order? or is it not worth it cause the parts needed are too expensive?

thanks
your web dude
dave c
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Re: Ported/non-ported hydro pump?

Post by Farmallgray »

Dave,
If you can find a copy of the hyd lift installation instructions for a 169 that pretty much covers it. You will move the charge pump relief valve and spring from the top to the side then install the new implement lift relief valve and spring in the top. The spring is NLA from CCC but I'm sure it is available from Danfoss. It may be available from JD or Stiener or anyone else who uses the same pump. The extra valve can be sourced from another non ported pump.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

Marlin
First and Last Name: Marlin Homrighausen

Post by Marlin »

Howdy All. Just trying to do some catch up on here. Between my left knee "acting up" and just bunches of other stuff... it's been a little busy. Farmallgray is correct. ALL parts are still available for the 15Us from a Sauer Danfoss Distributor. Even though Cub Cadet and JD no longer carry the parts anymore the pumps are still being made and the parts readily available. :)

Dave C
Web Developer

Post by Dave C »

Ok thanks guys for the replys

i found the 169 install instructions here in the download section... and looked up the parts on cng.... so basically all i need is the implement relief spring... the rest can be sourced from a junk pump.

now where do i find a dealer for these things?

dave

Dave C
Web Developer

Post by Dave C »

ok i found a place called hydrostatic transmission service llc on ebay... there the ones that have been advertising a rebuilt trans for our cubs.... ill give them a call later prob get a few for the shelf

dave

Dave C
Web Developer

Post by Dave C »

Well i have called 2 different sauer-danfoss-sunstrand dealers and getting the deer in the headlights... one guy says thats a "rare breed" .... RARE? id says theres easily a million units out there....

Next guy says its an OE only... and i said the OE no longer stocks it!

Found that some JD model 140's used the same trans... found there parts lookup and its listed as "call us"

Does anybody have any idea's???

I think my next call is to the MFG direct and find out if its NLA and if it is can i have the DWG

dave

Farmallgray

Post by Farmallgray »

Dave,
Use one of the online lookups to get the sundstrand part number. The numbers in the later CCC parts lists use the Sunstrand number with an "SU" prefix.
Drop the prefix and you have their part number.

Dave C
Web Developer

Post by Dave C »

Todd,

That's exactly what i did, and when i called a dealer and gave them the number i got the deer in the headlights.

Im sure its just a matter of finding a "good" dealer just like Madsons and Carter is to the cub world.... a dealer thats willing to sell parts for older units. although from what i have read they still make the 15U.

dAve

Farmallgray

Post by Farmallgray »

Dave,
Try a Stiener dealer. They go by Sunstrand numbers also. When Dad worked for a Steiner dealer he got me the case gaskets.