Jill has it figured out!

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Jill has it figured out!

Post by Scott C. »

Smart girl, my wife.

After looking at another roadside tractor for sale, this one being an F-Cub for the paltry sum of $3,800.00, getting back in the truck complaining that every one wants an arm and a leg for old IH tractors and Cub cadets.

She looked at me and said.... You still haven't figured it out, have you?

Me with the typical blank look, knowing after 32 years of marriage that I will not know until she tells me.

It was simply explained....

OK, I tell you I'm sick and tired of all the tractors you have.
You have to thin the heard...
You've had that for so long and you don't use it.....
You have too many to use them all.....
It doesn't even run.......
It's ugly.....
I can't get my car in the garage anymore......
We could use the extra money and you said they are valuable....
Insert (you've heard it before) here....

You then grudgingly acquiesce to her "suggestion", take the old Original out to the street, put a for sale sign on it and wait for the multitudes.

You sit there and watch the first pickup roll by slowly, stop, backup, park and get out. You walk up to the guy and start telling him about the tractor and he asks, how much?
You say $2000.00, more if you want the tires or fenders or lift or engine....
He just shakes his head, calls you *#)&$!* crazy, gets in his truck and drives off.

After a week or two of the wife watching these transactions out the window you can then tell her.... Honey, I tried, I really did. It's just the damn economy, no one has the money. They all want it, you seen em stop and talk about it. They just can't come up with the spare change to add one to their herd.

I'm sorry, I'll try again when things get better...

It is so elegant in it's simplicity!!
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

ridgerunner97
First and Last Name: Jon Pechunka

Re: Jill has it figured out!

Post by ridgerunner97 »

Did you see the one down by 66? I was on business and went through there heading up and over towards Ft. Allen and saw it sitting down in the yard and didn't have time to stop, I did have plenty of truck and trailer for the job to bring it home, The boss would have been confused since we didn't have any pickups that day :beer: