Haban sickle bar

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Jackman
First and Last Name: Jack Hammer

Haban sickle bar

Post by Jackman »

I scored a Haban sickle mower :D sight unseen and still not seen but should have it this week I know nothing about the Haban so any info is appreciated.

What I know so far is the unit does work but it needs a pulley not sure which pulley but the owner said that the Haban was mounted on his Grandfathers CC 126 and left to sit for years and actually sink in to the dirt floor causing a pulley to rust out due to being in the dirt but he did get the 126 started and engaged the Haban and it did work :D .

I want to put the Haban on my 104 its currently on a 126 question is will it fit :?: as in a direct bolt on?

I'am getting the Haban this week the owner took it off and is bringing it to me, I asked him to bring me any bolts and levers or parts that are related to the mower he said no problem :D , but having never seen a Haban wonder are there any loose parts that might get left on the 126 or parts just loose in general :?: what do I need to look for?

Thanks Jack
Cub Cadet 104
1957 International Cub Lo Boy
1987 John Deere 850 4X4 diesel
2 Kawasaki Triples S3 and an H1

LEVI
First and Last Name: Levi Day

Re: Haban sickle bar

Post by LEVI »

It will bolt right on from a 126 to a 104. The were only changed when the wide frames came out. A Haban 402D is for narrow frames and a 402E is for a wide frame.

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

Thanks :!: good to know....... are there loose parts mounting and dismounting the mower?

Pics when I bring this unit home probably this week :D
Cub Cadet 104

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

There's two hangers for the front axle that are loose from the mower but it's mostly one big set-up. Also make sure it has the front guard and sickle guard or try to find it if not. Mine didn't come with either and they are HARD to find separate. I found a sickle guard ($$$) and made the front one. I think about every pulley on those are pretty standard pulleys that you can order based on the diameter and inside shaft diameter. Been a while since I looked at mine but I don't remember anything special.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

I will make sure that two front hangers are is there when I get the unit, good info thanks for posting :!: I'll look for the guards too.

Are there any online parts manuals ?

Thanks for the help :!: 8-)
Cub Cadet 104

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Jackman wrote:I will make sure that two front hangers are is there when I get the unit, good info thanks for posting :!: I'll look for the guards too.

Jack,
If the front hangers are missing, I can make those for you. Trade for triple parts ? :lol:

Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

Jeff in Pa wrote:
Jackman wrote:I will make sure that two front hangers are is there when I get the unit, good info thanks for posting :!: I'll look for the guards too.

Jack,
If the front hangers are missing, I can make those for you. Trade for triple parts ? :lol:

Jeff
Jeff you have a deal triple parts for Cub parts works for me :lol: actually I bet it all there seeing as the seller has to remove the sickle mower from the Cub,

I stoked on this Haban it just kinda fell out of the clear blue, want it bad to keep my drainage ditches cut low currently its about a two hour weed whack job once a month when its all whacked down I am covered with grass clippings and frog guts , should be fun easy work with the Haban sickle mower can 't wait to try it :!:
Cub Cadet 104

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

I can fab parts if you need them. I have a lathe, 1-1/2 hp drill press, small milling machine and a mig welder here at home ( plus a cut off abrasive saw ). 30 plus years in the trade gives me a pretty good handle on how to make stuff.
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

Jeff you' ll be the first contact for CC needs , your not too far away and I like a little road time once and a while 8-)

At some point I want a brinley turning plow and rear lift :idea:
Cub Cadet 104

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

I got my Haban sickle bar mower today happy but a bit disappointed I bought sight unseen paid 75 dollars , this mower looks bad about 90% heavy rust very little paint left, sickle bar has a slight bend, the big pulley on the head is rotted away, the good is that all parts do move :D , and I am sure its repairable with some labor and not too much money I hope ,for sure I need the pulley and the blades and belt.

I will attempt pics , I think for 75 dollars I did alright but this unit is butt ugly
Cub Cadet 104

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Sounds identical to my sickle mower. Got it for $65 at an auction (would have been 15 but the auctioneer had a guy running up prices for him/ later got caught :x ). Anyway, it was rusted, needed new pulleys (all of which were common and easy to find), new belts, completely redid the sickle teeth and bar while I was at it, but I still probably don't have that much in it. It takes time but it'll be worth it in the end. I went ahead and sanded and repainted everything as I did it which added a lot of time.

Little side note, replace as many bolts in it as you can with new hardened steel ones. You won't regret it. I've had a few major breaks happen in the field as a result of heavily rusted bolts not holding up. Once two of the 3 bolts holding the sickle mower on snapped, the other bent and the whole sickle went backwards bending the pitman arm. $5 in bolts now can really increase the quality if you redo it.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

Your advice will be taken , hope to make a nice unit out of this pile :lol: Pica are coming just have to get them in the PC :?
Cub Cadet 104