Haban sickle mower parts

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Jackman
First and Last Name: Jack Hammer

Haban sickle mower parts

Post by Jackman »

Where does one buy Haban sickle mower parts :?:
Cub Cadet 104
1957 International Cub Lo Boy
1987 John Deere 850 4X4 diesel
2 Kawasaki Triples S3 and an H1

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: Haban sickle mower parts

Post by JMotuzick »

What do you need? Many parts need to be found used teeth can be had at TSC belts and pulleis too. You may need to custom make some parts if you cant find them.

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

JMotuzick wrote:What do you need? Many parts need to be found used teeth can be had at TSC belts and pulleis too. You may need to custom make some parts if you cant find them.
Just getting started on the old worn Haban , so far I need the large pulley and the teeth.

I will Check my local TSC for the teeth, Thanks
Cub Cadet 104

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

There is an adjustable bar with two locking bolts it goes from the main frame to the sickle gear box, anyone know thw proper name for that part and where I might buy one? :?:
Cub Cadet 104

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Grizzly Industries usually has any pulley I've ever been able to need. That arm you're referring too will probably have to be made. What's wrong with yours?
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

The arm is slightly bent and badly rusted , not much chance of getting the threads workable, its getting a shot morning and night of PB Blaster
Cub Cadet 104

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

I have actually adjusted that part some in the past so I'd just take it off and do it right. If you don't have a tap and die set invest in a cheapy set quick. Drill and tap both adjusting holes so you can easily adjust it again. Keep the tube part with the adjuster bolts but make a new rod that goes inside of it. At the end where it bolts to the front, either tap and thread something on it to mount to the sickle mower or weld it. That bend might be harder to make in the rod than welding something. That's my first thoughts without seeing it. I was able to salvage the rod but those adjuster "bolts" were froze tight and had to be tapped out. Do you have any pics of this thing btw?
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

Its going to take time and PB Blaster and the blue wrench to get this rod working, I have had succsess with the pulley bolts and the pulley is slowly coming off :D

Pics I am working on it, my kids always post pics I am not up on pics yet :oops: ....
Cub Cadet 104

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Jackman wrote:Its going to take time and PB Blaster and the blue wrench to get this rod working, I have had succsess with the pulley bolts and the pulley is slowly coming off :D

Pics I am working on it, my kids always post pics I am not up on pics yet :oops: ....
PB Blaster? As a triple guy you should know KROIL and a 50/50 mix of atf and acetone work better on stuck stuff.

Let me know if you need parts fabbed up.
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

Kroil is unheard of around here , I know its good stuff lots of web info but the PB Blaster works well and is in the local stores on the shelf :D

I don't know if I need any fabrication yet but I do want a Brinley plow and lift, I making a Fall trip down to Wind Gap Pa. if you have some stuff for sale maybe I could swing by :idea:
Cub Cadet 104

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

Distaster has struck :twisted: , while removing old rusty stuck pulley the main shaft end about 1 inch in length snapped off :( there is most likely enough shaft left to weld a new pulley on but I am so PO'ed for busting the shaft :evil:
Cub Cadet 104

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Jackman wrote:Distaster has struck :twisted: , while removing old rusty stuck pulley the main shaft end about 1 inch in length snapped off :( there is most likely enough shaft left to weld a new pulley on but I am so PO'ed for busting the shaft :evil:
It's not the end of the world. What size is that shaft?

If you want a sleeve hitch adapter, you have to order one. I make them for each person that orders them.
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

Jackman

Post by Jackman »

The shaft is about 1/2 inch , I have not actually measured it yet and your right It's not the end of the world once the new pulley is welded in place it will work just fine.

I'll be looking for a lift next year right now its all about making this Haban sickle bar operable.
Cub Cadet 104

Ben Morong
First and Last Name: Ben Morong

Post by Ben Morong »

For those who can't buy Kroil locally, you can buy direct from the company (just Google Kroil or Kano Laboratories) -- it's good stuff, they have internet specials, and once you buy some from them, every few months they'll send you a newsletter and special offers. I got two spray cans in a special offer, and gave one away to someone who could use it.
Cub Cadet Originals -- Ayuh! (and a couple of 124's, 125's, and a 1650 -- Yep!)