My German Friend is a I.H. Nut (Cub nut too)

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
tractrs2nv
First and Last Name: Kevin Liles

My German Friend is a I.H. Nut (Cub nut too)

Post by tractrs2nv »

I received this email from Georg Eisenberger of Riedering Germany:

Kevin,
yesterday I had a TV Team in my Garage,they want to make a report on I.H. collectors in Europe.They will film in Belgium,Netherlands,France,Switzerland and of course Germany.I have sharpened the blades for the mowing deck on the 782 and he makes the first mowing job here in Europe in front of TV Camera. I was impressed,the deck makes a better job than I thought. My Yellow "O" was the second star on TV,but my other I.H. tractors was filmed also.It was a lot of fun yesterday,but it's a lot of work to make a 8-10 minute film.

mfg
Georg

I met Georg back in 2009 on ebay,he was wanting me to ship parts to him for his 782 that he bought off ebay and had it shipped to him from Kansas! I sent him the parts he needed and also steered him in the right direction to get those IH stamped hub caps. Some of you may know of Georg from the "other site" and his fabrication work is outstanding! He built his own rear lift,snow plow and completely went through the KT-17 engine. His original was purchased @ the Red Power Roundup show in LaPorte,IN...and shipped to him in very sad condition...and he made it a rope start from a K-181. Even fabricated his own hood. His 353 w/canvas cab he restored,his 212D(favors a Super A) he restored which was his Grandfathers...his Grandfather owned a IH dealership. You can see the front of his IH 633 orchard tractor he is re-doing. Georg flew to the states back in 1995 to the Roundup show and visited the old Louisville Works factory before the air port took it over,then drove down to Nashville,TN to visit music row...for a LARGE time!
Attachments
IMGP7143 (640x480).jpg
IMGP7154 (640x480).jpg
IMGP7162 (610x458).jpg
IMGP7156 (525x394).jpg
Last edited by tractrs2nv on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Collector,user,trader & parts for IH Louisville Works Cub Cadet on the Tenntucky line.

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Re: My German Friend is a I.H. Nut (Cub nut too)

Post by J Hayes »

Georg is a close friend of mine also..should email him again ..last we spoke he was having a pacemaker put in.
He is a really good fabricator. I sent him a hood spring a couple years ago around February along with a Birthday card as it was going to arrive close his BD .(used to know the exact date, but I lost that information.)
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

J Hayes wrote:Georg is a close friend of mine also..should email him again ..last we spoke he was having a pacemaker put in.
He is a really good fabricator. I sent him a hood spring a couple years ago around February along with a Birthday card as it was going to arrive close his BD .(used to know the exact date, but I lost that information.)
Jim,
pacemaker is installed. His truck driving and fabricating with a welder is over...this I feel has bummed him out. He needed the attention of that film crew for a emotional "pick up",knowing too that he will get to see some of his work on TV.
Collector,user,trader & parts for IH Louisville Works Cub Cadet on the Tenntucky line.

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Glad to hear Georg is doing better with the heart. Have seen some of his work and often wondered how he could produce such excellent results located in Germany. Some of the things he has finished would be challenging here in quality and attention to detail, finding pieces and the costs...Georg has done quality work and virtually everything he needs has the added shipping to Germany or he has to make them. Not sure where I saw photos of his Original, but it was inspiring.
Congratulations Georg for this showing of your work!
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

Found a few pics Jim.
Attachments
Winterkonvent (IH Winter convention/show)
Winterkonvent (IH Winter convention/show)
IMG_5132 (600x400).jpg
His home made hood
His home made hood
IMG_9658.JPG
IMGP5452 (600x450).jpg

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

I have sent Georg the link to this site on several occasions , but I don't know if he has even tried to cross over from the "other side"
It's been awhile since I have been there ... about as long as we got recommissioned into the collectors forum from the registry crash.
I liked his adventures too, saw him fabricate the snow blade, and undercarriage to mount it I watched the 782 from the time they delivered it to his place in a shipping container mounted in a truck frame.

Wonder why they wont let him at least bend metal ? I understand the welding thing though.. Wish I could find it ..I have a pic of him being interviewed by a radio station over there at a tractor show when he was the furthest to drive to get there on his tractor pulling a camper trailer over 450 Klm or about 280 mile one way . I have a couple German friends over there and the way they farm some of their fields are several miles away from their village style home settings. nothing to drive on the road 25 mile 9one way to either a few acre piece of land or to the store / market on the road .

I think I may have embarrassed George by asking my other friend over there ..He is actually from Ohio, and after serving his tour of duty in the military he stayed on base as a civilian and bought some farmland where he now raises US born horses on the side. and still works on base as well.

I ask him one time as I wondered how much translation got lost from my google translator? Seems if I write anything convert it to German , And take the German writing it shows translated, and revert it back into English..It dosn't say the same thing as I meant????

Anyway he must have said something to Georg and he replied he had trouble with understanding some things too, I only got one email back from him in almost two years. I still think he is a great guy and will miss his projects.

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

Jim,
I think he can read and write English OK but speaking it is another factor. You may know as well...he has a ton of English written manuals for cubs and Kenneth Updyke/Oscar will publications. I did a tour in Germany back in "81" but that post has since closed. And I too have 2 good friends that stayed in country after meeting their wives there. I wish I could afford to go back to visit, what a beautiful country! I wonder what it's like now being unified...I pulled many hours on guard near the CZ border.
I would send Georg a email ASAP and I too have encouraged him to check this forum out. I left "the other site" back in May of last year for reasons that...well I better not say; but I'm still in contact with a few that I consider a friend. As a matter of fact I contacted one of them to tell "the other site" or post about Georg's condition when he was back in the hospital.

When I was over there I remember the Germans in rural areas used their tractors like the automobile w/turn signals,brake lights,license and insurance. You can see a plate on the front of Georg's 353. Got to post this pic he sent me last year...maybe you have seen it?
Attachments
IMG_5174.JPG

JLazar
First and Last Name: John Lazar

Post by JLazar »

Kevin,
What would be neat-o is to be able to watch the t.v program about this one day. I rember when he got the O, and what was wrong I cant recall. But it was fun for me to read the post when he logged on. Also, from the pictures, looks as if Germans love fenders on the bigger red stuff, so it seems to me.
Expect The Best; IH Cub Cadet!

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

JLazar wrote:Kevin,
What would be neat-o is to be able to watch the t.v program about this one day. I rember when he got the O, and what was wrong I cant recall. But it was fun for me to read the post when he logged on. Also, from the pictures, looks as if Germans love fenders on the bigger red stuff, so it seems to me.
I think the fenders are required over there for road use including ones over the front tires.
I know they are also inspected like our cars over here.

Lots of interesting info for rules in different country's

My other friend has many interesting pics of some of their tractor shows such as ...

I have a few more but don't want to over load this topic
Attachments
Georg being interviewed by a radio station after arriving at a log didstnce show
Georg being interviewed by a radio station after arriving at a log didstnce show
IHCAVATAR.jpg (11.53 KiB) Viewed 6220 times
unknown
unknown
e.jpg (10.58 KiB) Viewed 6220 times
Some type of planting/ harvesting tractor  tractor Notice the three steering wheels ..can be driven from either station
Some type of planting/ harvesting tractor tractor Notice the three steering wheels ..can be driven from either station

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

Hope I don't overload w/pics that I have left...lost a ton from a computer crash a yr or so. About his Original: He drove 750 km one way to a Belgium port to PU.When he got it home it was in very sad condition (transmission full of water for one),"tooth wheels"(what he called it) missing teeth(pinon gear or may have been transmission),engine,hood and seat shot...well a list as long as your arm. My greatest fear was he was going to paint the thing RED...Germans love red, I think. But the posted pics show he stayed w/the original color. During his restoration he was asking for parts and at times I would not have any,then he would find some...then I would bring home a "mother load" after he found what he needed. Georg has a friend in the US military and found out about USPS APO shipping "Flat rate" style to a base. Big savings for him like shipping a set of weights!
Attachments
IMG_6104.JPG
IMGP5382 (600x450) (580x435).jpg
One of them Original "mother loads" found in West TN. One was a 3 digit,collar spindle tractor
One of them Original "mother loads" found in West TN. One was a 3 digit,collar spindle tractor

JLazar
First and Last Name: John Lazar

Post by JLazar »

Hand start Original. Looks like a rope around the pully. Just curious about the hand start. I picked one up like that one just today, but mine has the re-coil rope and dont have a oil bath. But for 70 bucks and it runs.
Expect The Best; IH Cub Cadet!

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

JLazar wrote:Hand start Original. Looks like a rope around the pully. Just curious about the hand start. I picked one up like that one just today, but mine has the re-coil rope and dont have a oil bath. But for 70 bucks and it runs.
Oh my,killer find! It looks like Georg turned a piece of billet aluminum or stainless for his rope start.
Attachments
IMGP5354 (450x600).jpg

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

Georg went to a German Plow day event and look what he brought home. Cub Cadets first hydrostatic, a nice and clean 123 !
Attachments
IMGP7221 (600x450).jpg

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

Got a email w/pics today from Georg. He is wasting no time to make several repairs on his new purchase(123).Cross member for the engine and axle is completely cracked/broken.He will have to get a friend to weld the repair. My greatest fear is what looks like automatic transmission fluid coming out of that rear end!
Attachments
IMGP7348 (405x540).jpg
IMGP7352 (405x540).jpg
IMGP7285 (405x540).jpg
IMGP7290 (540x405).jpg

Sminkey
First and Last Name: Jude Sminkey

Post by Sminkey »

Awesome to see Georg back in action! Awesome about the film, must have been a nice boost for his spirit :D He's got such talent and passion, much respect for him!
62' O' w/ud-6.fenders.rear lift & spring assist.timed deck.
65' 71 w/Danco RD1000.fenders.creeper.IH utility box.dual wheels.lights.
68' 72 w/creeper.fenders.lights.cast deck.Hydro Unit.1a tiller.

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

Sminkey wrote:Awesome to see Georg back in action! Awesome about the film, must have been a nice boost for his spirit :D He's got such talent and passion, much respect for him!
Jude!!!! Congrats for your 71 making a nice story and the cover on Cadet Connection magazine! What a sweet story and nicely done by Brian Sell. Brian and Georg has made contact and we will see a story and his "O" on the cover in the future.
Attachments
I love this pic you sent me a few yrs ago!
I love this pic you sent me a few yrs ago!