cub cadet 1000

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
allenpezo
First and Last Name: allen pezo

cub cadet 1000

Post by allenpezo »

are the cub 1000 mowers any good i found a real slick one for 100.00 running with deck he also has a slick 108 with deck for same price

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Re: cub cadet 1000

Post by Jlaws »

I would think any decent looking running cub with a deck would be worth $100....the only thing you may have to watch out for on the 1000 quietline would be the rubber isomounts which often need replaced and also the flex clutch 3 pin driver can be rather pricey to replace on that model . I wouldn't think twice about the price , but then again I do my own repairs . Both the 1000 and 108 are 10 hp. gear drive cubs .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

I raised 4 boys on a 1000. Now one of them is using a 108, and I am working on a 108. Jess is correct the rubber engine mounts in the QL 1000 need to be watched for deterioration, but they are over 35 yrs old now :!: If they are as you described, I'd buy both, those would be real good prices for running 10hp Cubs in this area. :beer:
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

allenpezo
First and Last Name: allen pezo

Post by allenpezo »

thanks guys i havent owned anything but hydros