Front axle

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Fwatson
First and Last Name: Frank Watson

Front axle

Post by Fwatson »

Is there any difference with the front axle from a 82 series to older Cub Cadet :?: A friend of mine had the front axle to break on what I think is a 127
{:-{)
Fwatson
From Southeastern Va.

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: Front axle

Post by ksanders »

I think they're the same or close to the same as wide frames but not the same as the 127 narrow frame. I could go measure one I have not in a tractor that's for the narrow frames and see if it and a wide frame are close enough to at least physically work. Let me know
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Fwatson

Post by Fwatson »

ksanders:
Ifyou get a chance to measure one. I know where I can get one from a 582 about a half hour from me.
Fwatson
From Southeastern Va.

mgonitzke
First and Last Name: Matt Gonitzke

Post by mgonitzke »

The NF and WF/82 series axles are totally different, but you can use a (complete) WF axle on a NF if you use the WF drag link.
Original, 582 w/ 18 hp Kohler Command, 682 w/ Kwik-Way loader, 782, 782D, 1872 My Cub Site

Fwatson

Post by Fwatson »

mgonitzke :
I think I am going to get the whole 582 frame and see if the axle and drag link will fit. thanks for the information.
Fwatson
From Southeastern Va.

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Frank
The axle will work as matt discribed however a 582 should have 1" spindles you will need rims set up for the bigger spindles. You can find a set from a older wide from they will go right on the axle casting. Unless the tractor has a loader or snow blower I would just repair the original n/f set up. I might be able to help with parts if need be.