Need help identifying

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
CC1200
First and Last Name: Greg Galletti

Need help identifying

Post by CC1200 »

I picked up a few suitcase weights approx 50 lbs that are stamped "653" in the sidewall. Anyone know the manufacturer and what original color was other than rust brown!

LTD
First and Last Name: Levi Day

Re: Need help identifying

Post by LTD »

Do you have a picture of them?
Levi.
Cub Cadet's I own. 123,108,149 w/loader,1100.

CC1200

Post by CC1200 »

Just got some images of the weights. Here they are. Stamped "635" on one sidewall only. Look similar to some JDs I've got here just slightly taller and the handle appears a bit thicker.
suitcase weight 1.jpg
suitcase weight 3.jpg

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Was looking for cub stuff on Craigslist and stumbled across these weights.......Look familiar ???? :lol:
Don't know if the seller knew what he was selling , but in the ad he said they were 2000 series CC weights .
Attachments
635.png
635.png (248.41 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

CC1200

Post by CC1200 »

Jess,

I don't have the pics from craigslist but I picked these up locally here in Mt Airy, MD about a block from my house along with the plow I'm selling which was off a 2000 series tractor. These may be the same ones given the description. Do you know what manufacturer used the 635 stamp? I've searched images on google and can't find another pair with these stamps.

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Back in the days when I worked at the Exmark dealer we would sell several difent brands of aftermarket attachments for them. I believe both Blue Bird and Peco vac used these weights for the front with bagger attachments. I think that a third party must be making and selling these to several OEMs as there are no markings on them. I believe they have always been black when new. They are yours paint them what ever color you want!

CC1200

Post by CC1200 »

Joe,

Thanks for the info. I shall get out the rattle cans and get to work.

GG