Didn't make the cover but the centerfold will do.

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
tractrs2nv
First and Last Name: Kevin Liles

Didn't make the cover but the centerfold will do.

Post by tractrs2nv »

Brian Sell asked me to send pix of my 149 and a story last summer...I did and never thought anymore about it after concentrating a story,contact for him of Jude Sminkey's restored 71 w/loader/Georg Eisenberger's story. The winter issue of Cadet Connection laid on the dinner table for a few days for I was unable to check it out until this morning. Have been in a state salt/snow plow dump truck for 3 days "baby sitting" the roadways. All we got was rain that turned to ice but the pavement was still too warm except for bridges/overpasses. We dodged what could have been a monster for us here in mid TN. Those of you east, north east of me got to "play" in the snow(sort of speak).
WOW! Thank you Brian! And a special thanks to: previous owner; Johnny DeBord, Nick"Iron Tusk"Noles of Huntingdon,TN for locating the cab, Steve Coulter(Nashcubs) of Nashville,TN for parts support and box blade project, Scott Graves co-owner of American Fabricators INC of Nashville,TN for making the box blade(s) come together~
Attachments
Cadet Connection 001 (640x480).jpg
Cadet Connection 002 (640x480).jpg
Cleaned the canvas,sewed a few repairs before installing.
Cleaned the canvas,sewed a few repairs before installing.
Hmmmm 006 (640x480).jpg
Collector,user,trader & parts for IH Louisville Works Cub Cadet on the Tenntucky line.

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Re: Didn't make the cover but the centerfold will do.

Post by vince_o »

Kevin

Man thats nice!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

Thanks Vince! I was expecting to see a story of Georg Eisenberger's collection. By the way I do not think Georg is doing well. I'm still waiting for a reply about his heart condition. Last email from him he was not at home but in the hospital/clinic for research. I do hope he is OK.
Collector,user,trader & parts for IH Louisville Works Cub Cadet on the Tenntucky line.

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Congratulations :!: Kevin that is just super awesome :!: I keep meaning to subscribe to them and now I'll need a back issue too :!: I have your 149 with the cab and blade grading gravel as a rotating screensaver photo on one of our computers, and now you and it are real life celebrities :!:
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

You are too kind Jim! Hey gonna do the Red Power Roundup this year at the Allen County Fairgrounds~Lima,OH ...June 19,20,21,22!! I think I was about 15 yrs old the last time I was at the fairgrounds when my old man used to race 1/2 mile motorcycle flat track racing. He ran that AMA region back in the late 60's,early 70's to include Troy,Springfield,Dayton and such...and the Devil's Staircase Hill climb in Oregonia,OH...I remember some crazy times,crazy bikes and crazy folks at the climb!!! Sure would be cool to see you and yours at the show?
Last edited by tractrs2nv on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Merk
First and Last Name: Dale Merkle

Post by Merk »

Here is a link to Red Power Round Up 2013 in Lima, Ohio:
http://www.rpru2013.com/

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Kevin

Why dont you bring 1 or 2 down to plow day and show them off. Ill let you use one of mine to get dirty, LOL

And a few years back I hauled a rake and box blade to ardin Nc show for someone up your way, is that the box blade I hauled?
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

:thumbsup: Great job ! Looks great ! Like someone else said i want to subscribe to that magazine but just have not done it yet. Im sure i would love it.Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

tractrs2nv

Post by tractrs2nv »

vince_o wrote:Kevin

Why dont you bring 1 or 2 down to plow day and show them off. Ill let you use one of mine to get dirty, LOL

And a few years back I hauled a rake and box blade to ardin Nc show for someone up your way, is that the box blade I hauled?
No Vince this box blade is one of six that nashcub (Steve Coulter) had replicated. You might remember the story I posted last yr(or so). 10 ga metal instead of the factory 13 ga, exact copy except for the 2" square tubing (could not find 1 1/2").I sold my 3600 Ford & equipment but was needing a smaller unit for the chores here and for family/friends. I know you have invited me several times to the plow day(s) and would really like to make that happen...somehow~

Dave: Thank you!...you would enjoy reading the magazine totally dedicated to these little tractors.
Attachments
This is the original #40 that was used to do the replication.
This is the original #40 that was used to do the replication.
Pallet of finished parts.
Pallet of finished parts.
Brought these two home for paint.
Brought these two home for paint.
Thickness~
Thickness~