OK all you QL lovers

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

OK all you QL lovers

Post by vince_o »

Ive been asked to put a 16 aqs eng, from a 1650, in a 149 frame. Besides the wiring, what else do I need to change.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: thanks in advance :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

4SPEED
First and Last Name: Doug Lester

Re: OK all you QL lovers

Post by 4SPEED »

your drawers. because you'll crap when you see how cool that'll be....... :beer:
Doug

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

I have some CI oil pans, figured Id change that out, harness, drive line should be the same. Should be pleanty of room as they are the same frame.
-Andrew Jackson

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

You'll need to change sheet metal, at least the flywheel hosuing so the coil and everything is in the right place. Flywheel and backing plate on the motor need changed unless you try to stick with the ring gear starter and charging system. Also have to decide if you're going to the original manual pto or stay with the electric. I don't think manual linkage will run past a ring gear starter. I remember trying that once. Also the dipstick will be different but fit. That may or may not run into your linkage for a manual pto. You can always get a dipstick cover and mount a cam mounted one.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Thanks Kevin
-Andrew Jackson

bud horn
First and Last Name: Bud Horn

Post by bud horn »

Vince,
Ive done this lots in 108,128's.Same tractor, just gear drive. Quite a simple swap. If you use the wire harness from the QL
everything hooks right up and works.