1650 with a 450 blower???

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

1650 with a 450 blower???

Post by JMotuzick »

I have a friend here in town who is thinking of selling his 1650 and getting a newer walk behind commercial type mower. In a discussion about keeping his fully refurbished 1650, he said that the biggest reason is lack of being able to use it in the snow. He had a qa42A and later a 42" plow but neither work great here in our CT winters. I suggested a 450 blower more so that he would be looking for a 82 series but he put a twist to it, and wanted to know about mountain it to this 1650. I believe that the PTO from a 1282 would bolt right on and a pulley change to his 44A would keep him mowing, but what about the blower? I've never messed with one and i'm not fully sure how it lifts form the tractor. He has hydro lift and all but i'm not sure linkage wise any in-site would be great!