149/169 revisited

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
OhioBinder
First and Last Name: David Gregg

149/169 revisited

Post by OhioBinder »

Went back to look at the CC when the owner was home and serial number confirms that it is a 169. He does have the original engine. Looks like something on the balance gears let go, the block is cracked in the corner by the balance gears. He has two other blocks/partial engines. They were to gruby for me to tell if they were the same series, I couldn't find any number cast in them under all the grease and dirt on them. They are not from a CC application. The tractor is missing a lot of little parts like the headlight panel and lights, tailights, grill, choke, throttle and other small stuff. His brother had originally tore it apart so it has been moved around several times.
I'm still up in the air about buying it. Looks to be a major project being tore apart and not entirely sure of what is missing with the engine being the biggest stumbling block.
If I understand it correct even if one of the other blocks will work, since they are not a CC application I will need to use the CC crank and oilpan. Anything else?
When what ever happened it also broke the dipper off of the rod as well.

David
David Gregg
NW oIHo