Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Mayor
First and Last Name: Tony Woodrum

Post by Mayor »

Howdy gang!.
Well I got the 982 home and she's in pretty good shape!. I bought it not running with unknown issues!. Happy too say that the engine is now running fine, but the reason the person got rid of it was the rearend quit moving forward/backward. Found the problem within 10 minutes and fixed it in the next 10! New hydro filter!. Instantly cured the problem and I took it for a ride this evening around the yard. Smooth as silk and runs great with no smoke!. All wear parts look like brand new including the original front and rear tires that are dry rotted badly but still have the tits on the tread!

Got a few bumps and bruises too iron out....like a new tunnel cover, new throttle cable, a couple pieces of engine sheet metal, and a hydro fan blade. Other than that, just cosmetics!.

Did I mention the cat. 0 3 pt. works perfectly also???.

Yep....I'm all pumped up now!!!!

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Re: 982

Post by BigMike »

Good news Mayor!

The first time I took my 2072 for a spin I was giddy as a school girl.

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Mike

If you would spend a weekend at the lodge, Tony, Randy, Jerry, and Roger will make you giddy like a school girl! Tractor or no tractor!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Cue the dueling banjos :lol:

Mayor
First and Last Name: Tony Woodrum

Post by Mayor »

Vince....
New Lodge in the near future with a lot more tractor stuff too do also!. We're movin on up in the world, might have a place too take a shower and real indoor plumbin! Gonna be a big ole covered bridge over the creek that will be 20' wide too!.....we'll use it for a picnic shelter when not using it as a bridge!. Did I mention the new custom built cooker?.....wood or charcoal fired.....and even has propane burners too!. Oh yeah!....there's an overhead lift made from big locust logs!....no more heaving busted tractors up with a pole and jamming firewood under them too hold them up!. There's also a big creek running through the middle of the farm, so we'll have mud sports now too!!!!!. And Taylor can visit us without getting his truck dirty!...or stuck!.....nice flat gravel driveway right off the blacktop road!. And yes, we're still in the middle of nowhere so guns, knives, spears, bows, or even bring your trebujay (? cant spell that werd) for flinging rocks off the hill into the creek!. The new bunkhouse will have electric also!!!! So we can put ventilation fans in too pull the fumes out while everyone is sleeping!!!!.
Well....I have the rest of the week off so I'm heading out too finish cleaning up the driveway for Rhonda and then play with the new toy if it dont get toooooo hot!