Deck Compatibility

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
sacky07
First and Last Name: Dustin Sacksteder

Deck Compatibility

Post by sacky07 »

Shopping for decks for WF's. After the 44/50A what else fits? B? C?

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Re: Deck Compatibility

Post by rweaver »

only other decks would be 38 42 48in any of the late model decks would be 5/8th belt

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

If you have a rusted out 44/50a you can use the center spindle pulley on a 44/50C deck. The decks are basically the same the 5/8 belt is the biggest difference.

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Post by VScott »

Not trying to hijack the thread, just adding a question to a question but starting with a statement...

I was always under the assumption that a 44" or 50" with the "A" suffix was 1/2" belt with skids on the front, and the "C" suffix decks were 5/8" drive belts with front gauge wheels.

I have never seen a "B" deck only "A" or "C"

Can anyone clarify this while we are on the subject?

Thanks,
Vinny

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

all the IH decks had skids on them many had the front gauge wheel kit added

sacky07

Post by sacky07 »

I only asked this question because I feel that the "A" decks are harder to find and more worn than say a newer model. Im tired of constantly messing with all my 42" decks. non of the spindles seem to be them same and all seem to be molested in one way or another. I still like them, just wanted to get a better set up for my weekly mower. Assuming the "C" decks are just not aged as much and have a newer design(front wheels). Just cut better easier to find.

sacky07

Post by sacky07 »

anyone ever mounted one of these decks before? http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/grd/4228368241.html

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Yes, nothing to it. Swap the hanger on the front to the wider hole for older model sub frames and put a 1/2" pulley on the center spindle. Otherwise same as the 1450 deck except front Guage wheels. Newer decks had the extra hole drilled in so you could use them on older model cubs with wider sub frame at the front.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!