restoring questions

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
arsinger10
First and Last Name: Arnold Singer

restoring questions

Post by arsinger10 »

i'm new here to this site. I was told this is the place to get most of my questions answered. I am restoring several models of cub cadets. here are some questions I have.
1. does anyone know if there is a site to order complete decal kits for any tractor? I have found some on ebay but it is only 1 or 2 decals. I want to know if I can buy all the decals for a tractor at 1 time.
2. I have 2 cub cadets that i'm not sure what the model is. does anyone know where I can look on the tractor to find out what they are?
any insight would be greatly appreciated. thanks

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Re: restoring questions

Post by stevet »

Arnold, welcome to the site! to answer your first question, one company i have heard of people using is maple hunter. i have been to their site and if i remember correctly, the sell complete sets.

As far as question 2, the easiest thing to do is post some pictures. You can find out when it was built by the serial number, but depending on what you're working on, we may only be able to tell you what series it falls in. hopefully this helps, and we look forward to seeing some pictures...and progress pictures are highly encouraged as well!

dgrapes59
First and Last Name: David Grapes

Post by dgrapes59 »

Welcome to the forum!

As noted, Maple Hunter has good quality, complete decal kits, the also sell individual ones if that is all you need.

http://maplehunterdecalstexas.com/cubcadetdecals.aspx

Here is a good reference on identifying the different Cub Cadet models:

http://www.xtrememotorworks.com/Cub_cadet_History.htm

If in doubt, post a picture and someone will tell you for sure.

Good luck,

David

cheifsix
First and Last Name: Matthew Shockley

Post by cheifsix »

Welcome to the site Arnold. I have not ordered any of those decals but have looked where everyone else was saying and they have a large selection.
As far as the model...pictures can help us to ID it for you. But better still is the kind code. Some models have a code on the serial number tag (usually on the rearend) which will tell you which model it is. There is a handy table in the Documents and Manuals section that'll help you there, or you can take a photo and someone here will be happy to look it up for you.

Again, welcome to the site, happy cubbin' and bring on the questions. There are a lot of very friendly very knowledgable guys around here that will help you out.
Matt Shockley
Barksprings Ridge Farm&Antiques
'67 102,'67 125,'69 104,'70 106,'70 107, '70&'71 126
Brinly:10" plow, 3 discs, box scraper, cultivator
'63 Sears Suburban 725
'00 CaseIH c50

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

Urschel's is a good source for decals. Scott is very meticulous about the correct color, shape, font, etc. Maple-Hunter decals are decent quality but you can usually see some slight differences from the originals. Urschel's are exactly like the originals that the tractors came from the factory with (as opposed to what CCC offered for replacement in later years).

http://grsalesservice.com/index.php?opt ... :newsflash
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray