Combine Shooting the breeze and CCC section???

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.

combine CCC and shooting the breeze?

yes
35%
no
56%
no opinion
9%

Total votes: 34

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Combine Shooting the breeze and CCC section???

Post by Dave C »

Looking for the pro and con to combine topics and maybe simplify this board a bit?
I have found a way to do it easier and quicker than i thought if everyone is liking that ideaa
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Re: Combine Shooting the breeze and CCC section???

Post by Tom Scott »

I am a "yes" if we can merge the existing posts without too much trouble and not lose anything.

To me the pros are that many of the IH tractors have similar issues and discussion as the CCC tractors. I like them being together because it keeps us together as a group, not two separate forums. With individual topics, you can just choose to not read topics that don't hold your interest.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Post by VScott »

I would like to see the forums merged to simplify things, and to get more attention for the newer tractors. There are times that there are no new posts in the CCC section for days at a time, and honestly, the IH built forum has been pretty slow recently as well. As Tom said, if there is a subject that you are not interested in viewing, just skip it. My opinion is that it would be a positive thing for the forum, just as the new picture uploading system is.

At the time of this posting, there are 7 votes for and 3 votes against. I wonder why people would not want the two merged. Not trying to start any trouble with that statement, just curious.

Vinny

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Let me start by saying Thanks guys for a great site. Just wondering what the end goal is for merging the two topics, is it to make more of a family, is it to make it look like there is more posting, or is it for an easyer to read forum ? I am far from a neat freak but i do like to have things in little compartments in my head and in my office desk, each drawer has different things stored inside. I know i am old school because i think people just work at tables any more with everything on top. I just cant wrap my head around a 70 or 100 in the same drawer as a 1572. How about a new drawer for attchments, ok now in just getting carried away. lol Im sure i could get used to something new ........i always do ! I will vote when i understand why. Thanks. Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Dave C
Web Developer

Post by Dave C »

:banghead:
Crap i tried to add an option and it removed the existing votes! options are now yes no or no opinion
everyone can revote please... however it seems like its 50 50.

dgrapes59
First and Last Name: David Grapes

Post by dgrapes59 »

I hit "View new posts" most every time I log in to see what is going on, so I see all of them anyway. Some are of interest that I might not have seen if I went to the individual forums. I guess keeping separate would narrow down the hits when searching specific forums, but then it may offer additional perspectives if combined.

I enjoy all the information available and appreciate the efforts that go into keeping it going, no matter which way it goes! :thumbsup:

Thanks,

David

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

Here's my .02. I like having them separate only because when I want to go back through and look for a specific thread that I want to review, there are less that I have to scroll through and search. Along those lines, I also have all IH built tractors, other than my diesel, so a lot of the CCC threads don't apply to what I need/am interested in. With that being said, I also use the "unread posts" option to view topics.

One thing I do understand, sometimes these topics will cover both IH and CCC units, such as the 982 pics post that BB started...we also have plenty of CCC SGT's pictured as well.

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

There's another Forum that has everything from O's to Zero turns listed out on the same page
I don't like it.
I prefer the classics and if I wanted a newer tractor I'd go out and get one.
I rarely read the CCC section and should I choose so it's a mouse click away, now how easy is that?
Dave, your insight looking for ways to improve is appreciated :)

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

I understand Dave G.'s thought on different "compartments", but to me it seems silly that an IH 982 is in a different section than an 1872. The 1872 is just a later version of the same tractor, yet it is in a different section.

I also understand that if you lump too many things together, you can't find what you're looking for. That being said, our post count is low enough that I don't think it will be too hard to find what you are interested in. If it is way back, you need the search function anyway.

I only brought this up originally because I thought it made more sense for all x82, xx72 and Cyclops to be grouped together due to the similarity of the machines. I could really care less who owned the plantation at the time the harvest came in. I do think this started "across the street" this way because CCC machines were thought of as "not pure" bastard children. I am ok with that, all are entitled to their views, it just doesn't make sense to me as an organizational system for similar machines.

Although all my stuff is CCC, I enjoy reading about the IH machines as well. I don't have the room for more, but I like seeing Originals, Quietlines, gear drives with creepers, the rare often counterfeited 169's. Its all good.

Even though this was something I suggested, now that we have a "re-vote", I haven't voted yet. I am so used to how we have things now I don't really mind that much if we keep things as they are now. Unless we have a super-majority for change, perhaps we shouldn't.

Please, more discussion, perhaps delay voting until thrashed out well. I prefer a cohesive group here, and whatever result makes the most people the happiest is fine with me. This forum, although smaller, has more of a family feel than any other I have read. All families are a little quirky, and if we need to keep our quirky IH/CCC separation to remain a happy family, then so be it.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

Dave C
Web Developer

Post by Dave C »

Well i will let this poll run a week or so but so far i think there is enough people against changing it that we probably wont do it.
One thing that i think we might do is enforce the separation a bit more. I think that sometimes posts get overlooked cause they were posted in the wrong section..ie posting a question about a 125 in the ccc section. If we as moderators keep a better eye on moving these posts to the correct forum they should yield answers faster.
I do know one thing that has often made me Leary about moving topics is that the topic starter will look for it and not find it thinking it got deleted.
I also think leaving a shadow topic doesnt make any sense either.

So no matter our choice in this matter i think i will add some code into the software that will PM the topic starter to notify them of their topic move and why.
Also this will PM the topic starter if the topic gets deleted and why. like in the for sale section and someone posts a link to ebay or something.

dave

littlehoss
First and Last Name: Richard Hughes

Post by littlehoss »

I guess i will put my .oo1 cents in here.Not being a computer person,once i learn how to find the posts,or information i like to keep it that way. I guess at my age change comes harder for me then others.The most important is the friendly vibe i get when i sign in.As long i that doesn't change,I'm good with whatever.You won't get rid of me that easy.LH