54" WF snowblade mod

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

54" WF snowblade mod

Post by Jlaws »

Has anyone ever made a rear mounting bracket for a 42 or 54 inch wide frame GT snowblade to fit a 982 SGT .
I know that IH had a 54 inch Haban blade for the supers , but there hard to find and there is plenty of GT 42 and 54 inch WF GT blades floating around .
Seems that a bolt on rear bracket similar to the one Haban uses could work ?
Any Ideals ?
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Re: 54" WF snowblade mod

Post by stevet »

I've been wondering the same thing. i would love to put my power angle 54 inch on my 982, and move my snowblower to my 782 gasser. i've never really looked to see what it would actually take, but it can't be that much, can it?

Mcamp
First and Last Name: Mark Campbell

Post by Mcamp »

I've seen a couple that they just cut the gt subframe and added a piece in the middle to lengthen it. the 982 orig. had it's own mount for the IH 54in. blade, it was angle iron and went clear to the rear axle for the rear mount.I'll try to get a pic. of mine.You will have to get used to running your hyd. opposite for up and down unless you use a 2 piece lift rod with a pivot in the center like the orig. 982 mount,or use a cable & pulley for lift.

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Mark , I've got a IH 54" power angle GT blade on my 982 . The previous owner had already cut the ends off to fit some off brand tractor . I hillbilly engineered a rear mounting bracket and also added some length to the rear mounts by adding a piece of metal to the middle like you mentioned . Doesn't look to pretty but works .
I have another 54" GT snowblade that's unmolested and came with a dual hydro 782 I bought and that I'm in the process of restoring . I'd like to make a bracket for the 982 and not have to modify this other blade so if I decide to put it back on the 782 I can .
There are 4 holes on each side of the frame near the middle of the foot tread area that could be used for a couple of bolt on brackets with a bar thru both bracket , that could be used as an attachment point for the rear GT snowblade arms .

I was just wondering if someone had ever made such a bracket in the past and if it worked OK as an attachment point ?
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

Mcamp
First and Last Name: Mark Campbell

Post by Mcamp »

Jess,i see what you want to do,i never worried about mine i have'nt even mounted a plow on my 982 in a couple years i use one of my 782's and other supers with habans and power steering.This is a pic. of my 982 mount beside a spare 60in. haban deck sub frame
Attachments
SANY0374.JPG
SANY0374.JPG (2.88 MiB) Viewed 2649 times