K301 questions

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
tbdavis123
First and Last Name: Terry Davis

K301 questions

Post by tbdavis123 »

Couple questions. First, anyone know if it matters which side faces out on the special flywheel washer? Second, which key is correct - half moon or square? Thanks

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Re: K301 questions

Post by Farmallgray »

The concave side of the washer goes toward the flywheel. The key should be square.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

tbdavis123

Post by tbdavis123 »

Perfect! Thank you very much. Gettin close to wrapping up this rebuild and hopefully just an oil seal away. Really appreciate the help.

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

The half moon keys are called woodruff keys... although not sure i spelled it right.

Also be sure to clean the taper of the crank and the flywheel with like acetone or something simliar to be sure there is no oil or grease residue on it... The taper is very important to be clean for a good grip. I have seen a few spin off keys!
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

tbdavis123

Post by tbdavis123 »

Sure will and thanks for the advice.