782D Inheritance

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
dougmerry
First and Last Name: doug merry

782D Inheritance

Post by dougmerry »

I just acquired a 782D diesel cub cadet through my family. It has a 3 point hitch, mowing deck, hydraulic ports on the front and hubcaps, with 700 hours on it. The only thing missing is the side panels that were taken off years ago and have been misplaced. How good of a model is this and what's the value?

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Re: 782D Inheritance

Post by BigMike »

Welcome Doug.
A 782D aint worth a plug nickel.....shove that dang thing to the road and I'll get it out of your way :D
I have an 882(yellow and white version of the same Cub) and it's a great tractor.....it just is tired and has been badly abused.
The leaft side panel should not be hard to find at all,the right side may be a little more difficult as it has the cut out for the exhaust. You might be able to get a gasser panel and cut it your self.

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

The 782D is a great tractor, and with that few hours on it, should be in really good shape! The 3 point hitch comes in quite handy for a variety of attachments, and the don't use much fuel at all! When I take mine to plow days, I can run all day on a tank of fuel and still have plenty left to mow grass when I get home. There are a few upgrades that can be done, mainly to help with starting, but otherwise a great tractor!

dougmerry
First and Last Name: doug merry

Post by dougmerry »

What's the tractors value, as my uncle through out a number I'm certain that its not worth?

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

I would say between 1,000.00 and 2,000.00, some go higher, some lower.

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

When i bought mine a few years ago, i paid $1500 for the tractor alone...no deck, 3 pt, etc. and it's got 400+ hours on it. Being a red 782d does increase the value a little as it doesn't seem there are as many out there. A lot depends on condition too of course...