Elec lift not working

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Elec lift not working

Post by vince_o »

Neighbor picked up a 147 with elec lift on it. I have power in threw the conector in the up and down modes. So has anyone opened these up and rebuilt the motors or is there contacts to clean?

TIA Vince
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Re: Elec lift not working

Post by l palma »

Unplug the connector to the motor and try powering it with a + - from a battery, reversing the wires make it move in and out.

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Lew first thing I tried
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Vince , I've worked on a few in the past , and I'm not crazy about them . Besides cleaning the brushes and armature up , there is also an internal bimetal thermal switch with contacts that might be oxidized or opened up .

Gear parts are pricey and prone to strip out .

I had a few a while back and sold them all , they also bring a nice price on ebay .....LOL
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

LFR
First and Last Name: Lorin Burch

Post by LFR »

Yea I tore one apart first is disconnect it from the frame and then start working on it. Those electric lifts aren't very reliable so tear it apart and clean it up nice and put it back together don't lose all the little screws and parts. They are pricey
67 Case 155, 66 Colt 2310, 68 John Deere 110w/ haban sickle bar mower, 59 simplicity 700 wonderboy, 62 allis Chalmers b1, Fairbanksmorse 3 wheel, 1944 McCormick peering O4, H, 1948 Farmall Cub, C.