Private Cub Cadet collection auction

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Private Cub Cadet collection auction

Post by Jlaws »

Found this on another GT tractor site and had to post it here .....
A huge cub cadet collection going on the auction block , and I'm seriously think of taking that day off to attend .
It be a road trip for me , but I'd be with similar minded Cub nuts ......sounds like a good time . :lol:
Vendors might want to check this out .

http://www.kikoauctions.com/?nav=auctions&details=3797
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Re: Private Cub Cadet collection auction

Post by Paul B »

Jess,
I had seen that auction advertised, but something tells me things will be kinda pricey (which will be good for the seller of course), but probably not be any bargins for a buyer. That's just my feeling.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Paul , Your probably right , but it wouldn't be the first time I went to an auction of cub stuff , and didn't buy anything because of the high prices .
It gives me an excuse to get out of the house and meet some good people , and who knows I might find something I'm looking for .

How you been doing lately , I hope your doing well .
Last edited by Jlaws on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Man this guy had it bad....the fever that is. Is that what we all have to look forward to after 30 yrs .......ripped tarps ......and when u run out of tarps ..... u just use tree leaves in the summer, branches in the winter :lol: :beer: Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

mortten
First and Last Name: Doug Anderson

Post by mortten »

15 minutes from me. I'll be there to watch if nothing else. Most auctions of any type I've been to people get bad cases of bidding fever.

snoel
First and Last Name: Stephen Noel

Post by snoel »

Maybe it will put some more cubs back in the work force! ... or maybe just in some other collection? ;)

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

Thats Bob Scott's auction. I have been in contact with him for several months now. If i was closer i would go but im sure it being a 100 percent cub cadet auction with 100 percent cub cadet people there i doubt there will be any huge deals.
But is anyone goes keep track of the numbers.
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

mrbrown
First and Last Name: Mike Brown

Post by mrbrown »

I posted on another forum about going to meet some people. I said i was going without a truck or trailer,having 2nd thoughts,now 3rd after you guys talk prices. I talked to Bob last fall about a roller but never got up there. I really want to see this stuff sell, just not sure if i can go yet. Mike

PTWannaHave
First and Last Name: Ben Michaud

Post by PTWannaHave »

If anyone attends, I look forward to a report about how things were sold (lots?), and what kinda prices were being fetched.

I hope it is not bad news causing the owner to sell.

Ciao,
PTWannaHave

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

Paul;;;
I'd bet the opposite.....unless there are a lot of buyers there, prices will be low. I had nearly that much in my hey day but could not get close to what I considered they were worth.
I have sold between $10 and $15000 in tractors and parts in the last three months but had to give a lot away to get that.

Some rare items may go high but comparing with the last cub-arama, I am guessing low.

For the buyer's sake, hope I'm wrong.

Down to my last 6 cub tractors, 2 case loader tractors, one "M" and a green thing a ma jig.
Some odds and ends and then I can concentrate on Hot Rods and Race Cars!

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

I'm inclined to agree with Frank, the market peaked right around 2008, then dropped way off, it never fully rebounded.

mrbrown

Post by mrbrown »

I thinking like Frank and Ken too. That's a lot of cub stuff for a few buyers. Mike ps still not taking a truck or trailor, well maybe a truck. :)

mlamar
First and Last Name: Mike LaMar

Post by mlamar »

If you guys want to stay home and let me bid for some more Cub "stuff" I'll be sure to post a report on how it went :D I will be there plus the "O" that I recently finished will be displayed but not for sale. Bob's place is about 4 miles from me. There will be parking at the "Occasions Party Center" at 6800 Manchester Road and busing people to Bob's place. Little to no room to park at the auction. He will have a pick up zone for purchases that need loaded.
If you plan on attending from out of the area be sure to allow a little extra time to stop at the Ohio Veteran's Memorial Park in Clinton. Special day planned and it's just up the road from Bob's place.
www.ovmp.org/

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Mike , looks like I won't be able to attend . :cry: I really , really wanta , but can't .
Between the wife's illness and me needing the next weekend off I can't attend .
Make note of the prices of any rare options like creepers or nf hydrolifts that might be sold .

The man has a ton of Cubs and parts , mostly NF and early WF's , but I didn't see any red cubs , and no supers .
I wonder if he has any 169's or 800's hidden away somewhere ? ;)

mlamar

Post by mlamar »

Been there many times and didn't see any 169's or 800's. I know he doesn't have anything red :cry: but a decent selection of the yellow ones, some running and some not. Looks like the weather may be an issue but I hope all goes well for him. Not sure why Bob's stepping out of the CC hobby :?: I hope that most of his collection ends up with people that want to keep them around and running for many years to come.

OhioBinder
First and Last Name: David Gregg

Post by OhioBinder »

I'm really considering going. It's a little over 2 hours away for me. I'd really like the get the chipper but figure my pockets won't be deep enough. :shock:
I'm not even sure what they do sell for.
David Gregg
NW oIHo

JLazar
First and Last Name: John Lazar

Post by JLazar »

Hope someone got me nice, hardly used front rims {wide} for my early model 1450 ! :lol:

How was the auction?
Expect The Best; IH Cub Cadet!

OhioBinder
First and Last Name: David Gregg

Post by OhioBinder »

I din't make the auction. Had too much stuff to do. Would like to know how things went as well.
David Gregg
NW oIHo

mortten
First and Last Name: Doug Anderson

Post by mortten »

I stayed until the rain got too bad. Most of the parts were used and went for what I consider going rate. The running tractors averaged about $300 each. The winner was a 122 with creeper, lights, deck, and tiller for $500. I left before they got to the parts tractors and mower decks. The tractors were pretty picked over but a lot of the decks looked to be in decent shape shell wise. Spindle conditions were unknown.

mlamar

Post by mlamar »

I thought Bob's auction had some pretty good deals. A 1962 "Original" with non-smoking engine, headlights, oil bath, nice hood and ornament in good running condition (the winning bidder drove it to his truck to load) went for $200. I picked up a mix of new and used parts for cheap, enough to fill my F150 8ft bed. I paid $35 each for two snow throwers. Got a decent 42" deck, no holes for $15. It did rain for a short time but over all I'm real happy I went. Toward the end of the auction a bunch of guy picked up tractors with motors (not running) for around $40-50.

mrbrown

Post by mrbrown »

mlamar wrote:I thought Bob's auction had some pretty good deals. A 1962 "Original" with non-smoking engine, headlights, oil bath, nice hood and ornament in good running condition (the winning bidder drove it to his truck to load) went for $200. I picked up a mix of new and used parts for cheap, enough to fill my F150 8ft bed. I paid $35 each for two snow throwers. Got a decent 42" deck, no holes for $15. It did rain for a short time but over all I'm real happy I went. Toward the end of the auction a bunch of guy picked up tractors with motors (not running) for around $40-50.
Hey Mike, how did all those hoods sell? Bid one for choice, take how many. Did someone take a bunch? I would have liked that nice 128 for 400$ or the 680 that wouldn't start for 300$. Nice to meet you, mainly why i went to put faces with names and to see a monster amount of cubs and parts. Mike

mlamar

Post by mlamar »

The scraper guy purchased all the remaining hoods, around 15 or so for something like $20 for all and turned around and sold them for $10 each to anyone wanting one. I don't know why those wanting one didn't get in on the original bid for them :?: He ended up scraping what was left. The scraper guy purchased 6-8 of the older Cub Cadet beaters out back with engines for around $40 each for scrapping but before he could load them some of the guys still hanging around purchased them for around $50 each to save them from sure death :o

mrbrown

Post by mrbrown »

Thanks Mike, i wondered if there was a scrapper guy there. Mike

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

mlamar wrote:The scraper guy purchased all the remaining hoods, around 15 or so for something like $20 for all and turned around and sold them for $10 each to anyone wanting one. I don't know why those wanting one didn't get in on the original bid for them :?: He ended up scraping what was left. The scraper guy purchased 6-8 of the older Cub Cadet beaters out back with engines for around $40 each for scrapping but before he could load them some of the guys still hanging around purchased them for around $50 each to save them from sure death :o
Well I didn't get in on any hoods because I blew my budget early and had to go beg/borrow a truck (remember I was going to meet folks, figuring I couldn't afford anything anyway). Since I was scheduled all week on my day job, it would be too far away to drive back in evenings to pick up my stuff.

Mr. Bob Scott is a true gentleman, he put new batteries in 15 of the tractors to make sure they would start. He also was seen tarping up stuff people had bought so they could move along with the auctioneer when the rains came. I was beyond drenched when I got a poncho, but my wife was able to hide in a garage and watch over the boxes of goodies as I moved along outside. I could have spent much more and been very happy (course I didn't have the $$$ to spend) Prices seemed pretty good (fair to both seller and buyer the first hour or so) then I thought virtually all the running tractors went too cheap...From then on I thought the parts seemed to drop as well. I kinda feel sorry for the seller. My wife is a pretty sharp cookie (well other than tieing up with me) but anyway she said if something happens to me she will NOT have an auction, she says she will take her time and whatever my boys don't want will get sold piece meal.

Was able to put several faces to names, a good day even drenched.
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

mrbrown

Post by mrbrown »

Hi Jim, didn't know your wife was with you. I'm sure we saw her, we were in that garage a lot too. I hope to never HAVE to see another collector auction.(to many cubs and parts at one time) I hope my wife learned something. Buyers were there,those running cubs went cheap the sun might have helped a little. I had talked to Bob earlier in the week and was gonna ask him how many batterys he had but forgot. Nice to meet you, i knew we'd meet somewhere some day, didn't think it would be 100 miles to the north. Mike