Type of Oil for transmission on a CC

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Eden
First and Last Name: Mr. Eden Pulchinski

Type of Oil for transmission on a CC

Post by Eden »

Hi guys, just wondering... I have a 2072 that I want to do a oil transmission drain on but the local dealer has no CC Oil... can I use something else from my local hardware store??
Your only here once.... last time I checked!

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Re: Type of Oil for transmission on a CC

Post by Farmallgray »

Eden,
As long as it says on the bottle that it meets IH or Case/IH Hytran B6 specs and is from a good quality supplier
you should be fine.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

if I am changing oil I use hy-tran ultra I prolly drain more rears than most guys and even a good htf oil wont have in the additive that seperates the water from the oil like hy-tran does and if you use the tractor in the winter it will collect water in the rear and if your unit is not taking it out of the oil its passing thru the system we have drained rears that sat out sometimes its years and you can tell if they had hy-tran or not by the jelly looking stuff hanging on the side of the case the other oils wont have that also on filters for me its cub cadet only as I have had so many guys have problems from check valves to filters just plain not working here is a example that happened not to long ago the tractor stopped he thought he had a hydro problem put on another pump still no go called me since I sold him the pump I asked him if he changed filters he said yes as I sold him a cub cadet one little did I know he switched from old pump to new one then he told me what he did I told him to put the new filter on and away he went it turns out it was the filter the whole time he wanted to know if I would buy back his pump it was a Napa filter now I am not comming down on guys that use other brand stuff just telling you some of the things I see in the every day goings on

red82s
First and Last Name: Adrian Gitch

Post by red82s »

If you have a napa near by they have their brand that has the additive that seperates the water. I've used theirs with no negative results but I still like my hytran though.
Adrian

Eden
First and Last Name: Mr. Eden Pulchinski

Post by Eden »

Thanks Guys, will do ... got the oil and the CC Filter now... Greatly appreciated the input! :D
Your only here once.... last time I checked!

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Post by ReicheP »

Here we go again....Tractor Supply has their brand that works well.

http://tinyurl.com/2dk572k

Mystik JT 5
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

ReicheP wrote:Here we go again....Tractor Supply has their brand that works well.

http://tinyurl.com/2dk572k

Mystik JT 5
This stuff?

Hy-Tran B6 & Hy Trans Plus
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

OK guys Please excuse me while I bend the rules a little here.
I have an older off brand tractor ( Bol**s ), but rear is similar to the super series Cub cadets.The hydraulic lift uses the same oil (reservoir) in rear end
Under the hood is a decal describing the oils and amount for engine, and for the rear end.
It says for the rear Type F Transmission fluid, but there seems to be the ever present water problem in it also do you think changing it to Hy tran is a good idea ? this is used mostly in winter.
And if the difference in viscosity may do it damage ?
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

I know one guy that is running hy-tran in his power stroke diesel tranny with no problems and its been a few years