Correct Yellow

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
JH5070
First and Last Name: Jeff Heckel

Correct Yellow

Post by JH5070 »

Hello CC fans

New to the CC scene and am in the process of a resto on a CC 70. When viewing the pics of other tractors, I find 2 different shades of yellow being used on some 70's. (yellow and yellow/orange) Why is this?

I noticed the paint code on this web site, but that doesn't tell me which shade it is. Can someone help with this? Are they both correct?

Thanks for your help.
JH5070

JH5070

Re: Correct Yellow

Post by JH5070 »

I did and saw that you asked me to post in this section instead.
Can you tell me the shade of the color code that is posted? I don't know what it looks like.

thank you.

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

It is Federal Yellow and can be bought from Case IH. The yellow that has the orange shade is probably from Cub Cadet and is not the correct shade. Cub Cadet has 3 or 4 different shades of Cub Cadet yellow depending on what model it will be used on, but in my opinion none of them are the same shade as the Case IH Federal yellow. I do not have a color code to crossmatch the Case I paint to an automotive paint.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

JH5070

Post by JH5070 »

Thanks for your help bcuster. I appreciate it and am glad it's supposed to be the true yellow.

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

Here's what to ask for at your Case/IH dealer
Very durable high quality, sprays on very nicely too.
DSCN4358.JPG
DSCN4358.JPG (131.5 KiB) Viewed 3499 times
Good to have you back posting again Paul :D
Hope that your doing well !

JH5070

Post by JH5070 »

Awesome. Thanks guys!

mlamar
First and Last Name: Mike LaMar

Post by mlamar »

Good stuff. I even use it for touch ups at times. I spray a little in a clean 2 liter bottle cap and let it sit for a couple minutes and with a small good quality artist paint brush I touch up small chips or nicks. It's not only the correct color but cost less (at my local dealer) compared to MTD yellow.