I'm ok an so is the 12 hp

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
LFR
First and Last Name: Lorin Burch

I'm ok an so is the 12 hp

Post by LFR »

So my valves are adjusted everything is tight and motor has no knock, shoulda known where that little devil was hiding. He said it was the damn muffler baffle rotted and broke creating an awful noise, he also said the the exhaust elbow threads got stripped so the po welded the pipe on the motor only a little weld. Problems are solved but I am having the mechanic bench the motor just to check stuff
67 Case 155, 66 Colt 2310, 68 John Deere 110w/ haban sickle bar mower, 59 simplicity 700 wonderboy, 62 allis Chalmers b1, Fairbanksmorse 3 wheel, 1944 McCormick peering O4, H, 1948 Farmall Cub, C.

mlamar
First and Last Name: Mike LaMar

Re: I'm ok an so is the 12 hp

Post by mlamar »

I once had one with what I thought was a knock and it turned out to be the front PTO, the pulley on the PTO basket weld cracked and separated and made the knocking noise some how :?: Glad to here your progress. Can't beat the old cast iron Kohlers!