59M Shredder-Grinder

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

59M Shredder-Grinder

Post by Paulf »

Looking for some help. I just purchased a 59M Chipper-Grinder. It all looks to be in really good shape, but part of the mount is missing. I've got a 2 X 4 replacing it in the pictures. It's parts numbers 6 and 18 in the parts diagram. I've never owned a Chipper-Grinder so all I know about the mount is what I see in the parts lookup. The parts are NLA, but I think part No. 6 would be easy to make if someone can supply me with some dimensions. I'm guessing the springs set on top of the two sections of pipe and don't go down inside them, but I'm not sure. Also I don't know the compressed or uncompressed length of the springs. Any help would really be appreciated. This thing is going to be great when I get it going!!!
lores left.jpg
lores left.jpg (49.32 KiB) Viewed 6175 times
lores right.jpg
lores right.jpg (56.5 KiB) Viewed 6175 times
lores support.jpg
lores support.jpg (48.55 KiB) Viewed 6175 times
lores mounting parts.jpg
lores mounting parts.jpg (16.7 KiB) Viewed 6175 times

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Re: 59M Shredder-Grinder

Post by Jlaws »

Paul , must be a week for finding shredders . I picked this up today and its missing the same piece your missing , plus the belt guard .
When you get time I'd like some measurement of your belt guard so I can fab one .

If you get some measurement of that missing part #6 let me know , I'm going to make one for myself also .
Attachments
Shredder-Grinder 001.JPG
Shredder-Grinder 001.JPG (787.92 KiB) Viewed 6144 times
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

Paulf

Post by Paulf »

Jess, if you'll send me an email, I think I have managed to collect all the information you need including the shield dimensions. Various forum members have been very helpful. My email address is in my profile.

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Paul email sent ...I think . :dontknow:
I've been having a lot of issues lately with my email account .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

Paulf

Post by Paulf »

Jess, I got your email and replied with the information I have. If you don't get anything, let me know.

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Paul , You da man !!!
Thanks for going the extra mile getting those pictures and info to me in a format that I could get to open , its exactly what I needed .
I've got all the material and I was looking for an excuse to get my welder out . ;)

cjrolke
First and Last Name: Chris Rolke

Post by cjrolke »

hey I know this is an older thread but can I get a copy of the info?

I am getting a 59 p and want to convert it to a 59m

thanks

Paulf

Post by Paulf »

Chris, I don't recall what I put in the original thread and it doesn't show up for me in your post. But, you can find a copy of the manual here
http://ccmanuals.info/pdf/59M%20Shredde ... Manual.pdf

and, I have several pictures posted here

http://www.cubcadetman.com/cc/attachmen ... ictures-4/

I can try to get measurements or more pictures if you need them. There's some great pictures of the mounting system in the manual.

Paul

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

cjrolke
First and Last Name: Chris Rolke

Post by cjrolke »

Paulf wrote:Chris, I don't recall what I put in the original thread and it doesn't show up for me in your post. But, you can find a copy of the manual here
http://ccmanuals.info/pdf/59M%20Shredde ... Manual.pdf

and, I have several pictures posted here

http://www.cubcadetman.com/cc/attachmen ... ictures-4/

I can try to get measurements or more pictures if you need them. There's some great pictures of the mounting system in the manual.

Paul
thanks I have to get the unit home so I can start figuring out what I need to do

mmzullo
First and Last Name: Mike Marzullo

Post by mmzullo »

Chris,
I have a coverted 59m from a mackissic chipper shreader. I got lucky 1 year at a swap meet and found all the mounting pieces for a 59m but the 2 ears that mount to the tractor. I made that out of tracing from a mule drive set up. Worked out great. I dont use it anymore but I still have it. I did have to move the drive pulley to other side . That piece that you have missing I made from 2 threaded rods with 2 lock nuts. I think I have pictures.

mmzullo
First and Last Name: Mike Marzullo

Post by mmzullo »

Here are some pictures. Now I remember I had to switch the hammers shaft because it was too short on the other side. I just fliped it in the drum. Rotating the hammers don't matter what direction they spin. I got a cast iron pulley because the stamped steel 1 bent. If you have any questions just ask. The last pieces are the ones I made easy fab.
Attachments
DSCN0051.JPG
DSCN0051.JPG (91.02 KiB) Viewed 5985 times
DSCN0023.JPG
DSCN0023.JPG (92.78 KiB) Viewed 5985 times
DSCN0052.JPG
DSCN0052.JPG (90.24 KiB) Viewed 5985 times
DSCN0047.JPG
DSCN0047.JPG (98.35 KiB) Viewed 5985 times
59m1.jpg12.jpg1.jpg1.jpg
59m1.jpg12.jpg1.jpg1.jpg (55.65 KiB) Viewed 5985 times